Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Massive drop in impressions and viewers

girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Hello everyone!

Has anyone experienced a massive drop in impressions and monthly viewers?

I have been following the same strategy of pinning my own content with a mix of other's for a while now using Tailwind and it had been working amazingly well. I also manually pin a few on Pinterest every day.

For the past 2 days, the impressions and monthly viewers have dropped drastically even though the strategy is the same. Has anyone else experienced this? If you did, what worked for you? 

Looking forward to hearing your experiences.

- Girl Meets The World

16 Kudos
41 Replies
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hey @girlmeetstheworld when you say your impressions have been constant for the past 4 days, do you mean they are back to normal figures, or are your pin stats still off and low? Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
savoringmidlife

Thanks for posting. I thought it was me! I went from 85k to 34k and continue to decline. I just started my account a few months ago and was psyched to see my numbers continue to rise and now I’m frustrated. Just continuing to do what I have until we have some answers.

1 Kudo
zoks41kos

Hi @PinterestGabby , hope you're well. Do you have any update for us? Have you talked with engineering team?

2 Kudos
typicallytopical
Loves to help

@unlimitedmama are you still getting the same problem? I thought the exact same thing with my account wondering if it was blocked, as I was and still am seeing very low impressions on any new pins. I was used to seeing around 5-15k per pin, and now I only get like 5 impressions. This has been happening for over 3 weeks now. Don't understand what on earth has gone wrong!

1 Kudo
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hey @PinterestGabby ! Does this mean the engineering team are still working on a fix? Just sent you a message 🙂

0 Kudos
buyingfreedom
Just visiting

Wow. So glad I found this.  My impressions are significantly down too. My earlier pins (the really good perfoming ones) were receiving around 8k-10k impressions and hundreds of link clicks. 

My pins from the last week have been receiving THREE to FIVE only. 0 link clicks, cos duh, no one can even see the pins.

Sigh. I don't know if we should just not put out new pins until there's a fix? 

These ones are tanking and the same design will never be 'fresh' so I have to create more and more... 

1 Kudo
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hey @buyingfreedom ! I'm getting the exact same problem as you! I'm literally only seeing single figure impressions on any new pins. Was used to 5-15k per pin, good saves and clicks etc. So disheartening.

I'm torn between still posting or holding back on pins, because like you said, once they've been posted, you can't repost them because of 'duplicate content'. 

I don't know if you use a scheduler, but maybe you could try manually pinning a few per day until the issue is fixed? That's what I'm doing at the moment as I don't want to waste any more fresh pins.

- Charlotte

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@typicallytopical @buyingfreedom hello there this is strictly a share so my numbers were down not significantly like some but down....👉hovering at 329k now at 427k in the last (almost) 10 days.

I started working with a company and explained to them about the numbers but they were determined to go ahead with the ads and it appears that it worked - my numbers are up or at least better then they were.

Are ads an option for you? This is just an observation but I thought I would share😊

Lisa

3 Kudos
typicallytopical
Loves to help

@buyingfreedom  @therealsouthamerica thank you for the suggestion! It's more about the fact that our new pins aren't being seen by the looks of it. Both of us are getting single figure impressions on any new pins, when our older pins were doing really well!

I'm not so worried about the monthly viewers (as that can fluctuate), I'm more worried about the fact that we can't grow our account if we can't gain traction with any new content. 

I'm starting to wonder if we've all been accidentally marked as spam. I've seen this in a lot of Facebook groups and forums recently. Once they managed to get someone at Pinterest to look at it, their impressions, saves, clicks etc went back to normal.

But, thank you for the idea! 🙂

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@typicallytopical @buyingfreedom Have you tried modifying the SEO for your new pins? I have been using the Trends Feature on Pinterest and I modify the new pins that I post based on the searches people are doing. I have no way to know if that helps for sure but it is something I have started to doing more as the Trends Feature provides really decent insight into what people are seeking on Pinterest.

Just a thought - always looking to help others as I understand the amount of work and time it takes to produce solid results.

Lisa.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 11.05.52 AM.png

1 Kudo