Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Longtime Pinterest Advertiser - Caught in Spam Filter?

SayIDoPrintables
Just visiting

Hi Pinterest,

Let me start off by saying that I love this platform. I have used Pinterest as a personal user long before I considered it for business purposes. I am a very visual person and Pinterest just made sense for me to save my ideas and inspiration logically. I also want to point out that Pinterest has changed my life. I am a classically trained software engineer who dabbled in graphic design as a hobby. I liked to design fun little games that my friends would play at their bridal showers and baby showers. I never imagined that anyone would ever like my designs enough to pay for them. I eventually opened a small Etsy shop and, because I was already a personal Pinterest user, it was natural for me to pin my shop listings.

a17.png

To my surprise, others did find my work useful and I started getting sales. Eventually, I was able to leave my full time software job to stay home with my two little ones and design fun games for my customers. I started working with a local woman-owned print shop and we began shipping my little game cards all across the county. I say that Pinterest changed my life because it was largely due to Pinterest that anyone ever saw my work. Pinterest has brought me so many wonderful customers over the years that I am truly grateful for. I have been a paying Pinterest advertiser consistently for a couple of years now.

At the beginning of June last month, I made a mistake. I was trying to "optimize" my Pinterest and ended up reclaiming my Pinterest account within the Etsy interface. I think this triggered something in Pinterest's algorithm to evaluate my account and mark it as spam. My impressions dropped by 90% in the course of 1 month. I hoped that this was just an error with the analytics, but unfortunately my Google analytics confirmed the loss in traffic from Pinterest. I am used to the ebbs and flows of Pinterest and I have years of data to look back on for comparison. This is not an "ebbs and flows" type of issue. After doing hours of research online, I believe that my account was deindexed or caught in a spam filter. The only time I have seen a loss in traffic to this degree is when my account was mistakenly banned by Pinterest for 1-2 days. Here is a look at my analytics:

analytics.PNG

To confirm, this graph shows the number of impressions with the "All Pins" option enabled. And, as I mentioned earlier, I know that this data is representative of my actual viewership as my google analytics graph is the same. My business is bridal/wedding and is largely seasonal. June has always been my most viewed and highest earning month. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case this year. I don't want to sound entitled as I know Pinterest does not owe me anything personally. I just want to ensure that I am getting the same fair chance of discovery as every other Pinterest user. 

Capture.PNG

I have already reached out to Pinterest support many times regarding this issue. Even when I mention that I would like someone to manually review my account or that I do not think any of the "cut and paste" responses are applicable to my situation, I can't reach anyone. I've filed support tickets as an advertiser and general business support tickets. I received the same copy and response to all of my queries with no alteration. Even when I mention that I've already received this exact response and would prefer for any type of alternative advice or just a human to type me a different message, I have been unable to get any help. Here is the response that I've received to every one of my support tickets:

Message1.PNG

As a longtime Pinterest user and Pinterest advertiser, I am so incredibly disheartened. I feel unheard. I am writing this post as a final attempt to reach someone on the Pinterest support team. It feels very unfair to have spent years taking photos and creating content specifically for Pinterest and to build my account to such a large and consistent viewership only for it to be completely destroyed. I hope that someone at Pinterest sees this and can help me directly. If you route me to the support team, I know that I only have copy and paste responses to look forward to. I don't mean to be word removed per Community Guidelines, but receiving the same canned respond to many different requests makes me feel unvalued as a member of the community. Can anyone help? @PinterestDavid  @PinterestGabby   @PinterestLucy  @PinterestJoan 

This is a picture of my family below. We are all a bit older now as the baby is now four. He loves to help mommy take pictures "for PINRESST" on his little camera. 

Warren2 (Custom).jpg

1 Kudo
1 Reply
loshanev
Just visiting

My god, sory to hear this. Did you manage to find a solution to this? I am surprised that no one has replied on here either...

0 Kudos