Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I sold an item on Pinterest and want to know who bought it

PetMoreshop
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Hello, I really need your help! I sold an item on Pinterest but I don't know who bought it, where to ship and so on...I just know that I sold something. What should I do now? I thought that I need to set up a billing account first but I get errors that I need to verify the payment, I did everything I can to make it work! Another computer, another browser, and so on. 

To sum up

1. I don't know what to do after I just sold something 

2. If I need billing to see my buyers info I am doomed 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PetMoreshop , here's the reply I sent you: 

Pinterest is a "first click sale", which means Pinterest will attribute to itself any sale made from someone who found you on Pinterest and went to your product from Pinterest. 
What could also be is that the person reached the checkout page but didn't finalize the purchase. Pinterest could be over attributing (saying that you sold more).

Pinterest conversion reporting is still sort of a new feature and doesn't always match what Google or your website picks up and we struggle with that when trying to attribute all sales to the right channels.

Go for what you website tells you. Don't worry, if the person purchased, it will show on your website.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
6 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi @PetMoreshop, welcome to the PBC! 

Pinterest does not store information about buyers. You should see this data on the website itself, so I would recommend reaching out to your website host. 

Give us a shout if you need anything else in the meantime! 🙂 

1 Kudo
PetMoreshop
Just visiting

Okay, so If anyone buys an item from me I should get a sale on my store?

0 Kudos
PetMoreshop
Just visiting

The problem is that my store works fine, I can buy stuff from my store, and others can but I got a message that I sold 2 products but I don't get any notifications in my store. I don't know what to do...

0 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @PetMoreshop , welcome to the PBC!
I see that you are a Verified Merchant. I believe that what you are seeing is your conversion insights on your analytics dashboard. These numbers relate to sales made on your website, after someone clicked on your pin, not sold on Pinterest.
However, if the sale made came from someone who engaged with you Pinterest content, clicked through and went to your website, the sale will show up on the Pinterest hub. 
You don't have to do anything, everything happened on your website, but the Pinterest tag picked up the info as a sale coming from Pinterest. 
The conversion insights provided by Pinterest can be a great tool to understand how Pinterest is benefiting your business.
I hope this helps!

1 Kudo
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PetMoreshop , here's the reply I sent you: 

Pinterest is a "first click sale", which means Pinterest will attribute to itself any sale made from someone who found you on Pinterest and went to your product from Pinterest. 
What could also be is that the person reached the checkout page but didn't finalize the purchase. Pinterest could be over attributing (saying that you sold more).

Pinterest conversion reporting is still sort of a new feature and doesn't always match what Google or your website picks up and we struggle with that when trying to attribute all sales to the right channels.

Go for what you website tells you. Don't worry, if the person purchased, it will show on your website.

1 Kudo
PetMoreshop
Just visiting

Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos