Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creating A Pinterest Conversion Tag

simplybykristina
Just visiting

I have successfully verified my pinterest account with the WP HEADERS AND FOOTERS! But, I cannot for some reason create a PINTEREST TAG! I have already tried through free plugins, but Pinterest no longer gives a base code scrip to copy and paste! I've tried to create pinterest tag with google tags manager, and it seems like everything is connected through google tags manager but the extension shows this on my pinterest 

"The Pinterest Tag version used is deprecated and will no longer send events.
v2 and v2.5 Pinterest Tags have been deprecated and will no longer send events."

I have created the tags and events from my Universal google analytics account, maybe i have to create a new property for GA4? In order for this to work?

What does this mean? Please help!!! I've been trying to figure this out for over 2 weeks now and still no luck!!!

Also, when i try to add a pinterest tag through wordpress, pinterest makes you add a plugin "PIXELYOURSITE" which is actually no longer free, but it seems like there is no other way around it???
1 Kudo
5 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplybykristina 

Welcome to the PBC🎉

I read your post and it sounds like you have done a ton of work 👏

I know sometimes it can take time to get everything set up and I am tagging in a Pinterest Pioneer @andrealidesigns who is exceptional when it comes to getting PINTEREST TAGS + CODE sorted for the rest of us. 

Fingers Crossed 🤞🏻 that she will be able to give you some solid information.

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

0 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplybykristina I'm so sorry to hear your having trouble installing your tags. It can be frustrating when there are changes made to your integrations that cause them to fail silently.

But, I have some good news. Pinterest did make some recent changes to the workflow and documentation for installing your tags. These changes, I believe, create a more optimized and streamlined process.

Below you'll find detailed instructions on how to access this information for your own tags.

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

Here are some additional links to Pinterest developer documentation - 

https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/install-the-base-code

https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/install-the-pinterest-tag

https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/verify-the-pinterest-tag

You should be good to go either install your tags manually or by using Google Tag Manager.

I hope this helps! 🤓📌

@bodymindmood  

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@andrealidesigns 

Okay  

bodymindmood_0-1658932305800.png

I have bookmarked this for my own reference that was great information.

Lisa

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks @bodymindmood! Happy to help!  🤓📌

1 Kudo
simplybykristina
Just visiting

Hey. Thanks so much this was very helpful! I added the code to the header plugin I use for my site, is that OK?

Also, what do those event codes mean? As in, how do i use them? In google tag manager? Or I don't use those event code snippets at all? I'm not finding much info on this!

I just wanted to track page visits and a couple of other things to for the website, so what do I do with the event codes or the events? Thank you, again!

0 Kudos