Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Benefit to claiming site

faithfilledyou
Just visiting

Hi everyone! I'm just wondering if there is a benefit to claiming your website on Pinterest in terms of getting more distribution (something I've heard). I'm considering changing my claimed domain to a link page that has links to resources and such, but I don't know if this will harm my account/impact the distribution of my pins. I'd love to know what you think!

2 Kudos
5 Replies
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @faithfilledyou !

That's such a good question! Claiming and verifying our website is recommended. But I've asked myself the same question over and over, and I don't have an exact answer. I would love to hear more from others.

Technically, I'd think that since the html code is still on the website, Pinterest is able to see it, even if you change the website url displayed on your profile. But I don't have an exact answer. 

Meanwhile, if you have a website, you could create a link page in your own website/domain. That's what I did for myself. Then you can claim it as well and explained here. This way I have a links page link on my profile that belongs to my claimed website instead of a 3rd party links page.

1 Kudo
faithfilledyou
Just visiting

Hi @terezatoledo !

Thanks for the response! That's super helpful. So just to clarify, I could still keep my website claimed but make the URL on my profile a link page such as domain.com/link? Would the "Claimed" symbol still appear and would rich pins still work? That would be great!

I look forward to hearing your response!

Thanks

0 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@faithfilledyou you are welcome!
And yes, you can keep your claimed website while also claiming your link page (domain.com/link). That's the exact setup I have for my account. The only situation in which it didn't work right away (maybe there's more to it) was with Shopify websites. But works with Wordpress and Wix. I haven't trying with others.

1 Kudo
faithfilledyou
Just visiting

@terezatoledo that's great to hear! I tried to do that but I can't figure it out. I keep having to unclaim my website to put my link page on my profile. How exactly did you do this? Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@faithfilledyou 

If I recall correctly I had unclaim the domain.com, claim the domain.com/link, and then add the domain.com again. For some reason the claimed domain that is added first is the one you're able to keep in the profile.

Looking at three different accounts, the domain.com/links shows at the bottom of the claimed sites list.

Changing the link in bio isn't as easy as other platforms.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos