Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Any Predictions?

ideachicretail
Loves to help

As a former executive recruiter, I look way forward on CEO searches that feel the need to go outside. What do you think about the new Pinterest CEO (WSJ) and end of cofounder/CEO time?

David 

1 Kudo
5 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ideachicretail 

I think its going to be very interesting to see where this takes Pinterest - seems like he is a good choice and it appears he's bringing some vision insofar as Commerce is concerned but how Pinner's will respond is another matter.

I think the timing of the changes in CEO's is appropriate so I have no issue there - I don't feel its a negative.

Lisa

2 Kudos
ideachicretail
Loves to help

Thanks for the comment. Interesting indeed and I agree an good choice for the direction Pinterest may be going. 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ideachicretail 

As a former executive recruiter would you hire me based on my opinion? 😉

Lisa

0 Kudos
ideachicretail
Loves to help

We listen to podcasts in our assembly space (jazz in the shop), and today was listing to @simplepinmedia titled ¨ Pinterest, Americas Shopping Mall.¨ It reminded me of this post and wondering what you all think and I wanted to come back with my own initial thoughts.

It´s an important step for Pinterest because of the landscape in media, marketplaces and eCommerce. All places are defining what they are - shopping, entertainment or social. Pinterest seems to be going all in on shopping and Bill Ready knows how to do that. 

Bill Ready is all about payment processing and eCommerce growth.

Kate, on her podcast suggests we all consider opening a shop here & to productize content if not tangible. It is good advice.

Discovery and search, where you are, is what eCommerce is about. The social channels are ringing users in meaning sending buyers off the platform days may be numbered. Could challenge places like Shopify. Etsy too if I am right (what do I know?!). Because driving affiliates, etc from elsewhere could change to on-platform. Buyers will go where the discovery and shopping experience is the best. That is why Amazon´s advertising business is huge. 

So, what is in store? Pinterest and Etsy go head to head? Instagram shopping is on-platform now, but going to have the most difficult transition to becoming a ¨mall¨, Tiktok will be on-platform, I bet, but entertainment first. 

I think Pinterest is in a unique place for all-on-platform economy of creators and retail. It´s going to be interesting.  

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

All good thoughts! @ideachicretail 

-Tabby

0 Kudos