Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Stay On Top Of Traffic Drops/Shadowban

About 6 months ago I sent multiple emails to Pinterest regarding a huge decrease in traffic wondering if I was shadowbanned.  I keep digging in and adjusting my strategy, and just received an email back from them last week.  

Bad news: I had already adapted my strategy and was teaching others it.

Good news: I was 100% accurate. 

Here's what they said:

1. Create pins frequently and consistently

2. Write detailed descriptions and relevant titles for each pin

3. Claim your website

4.  Scheduling tools are helpful, but still log in to Pinterest frequently

5. Avoid creating duplicate pins

And then they highly recommended using Idea pins at the top and bottom of the email. 

If you have any questions or want to learn more in-depth about it, comment and let me know.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

I am having the same problem, all I get are scripted emails. It started declining on July 1st, glitch day. I am going to send another ticket, but I am not sure that will help, @PinterestGabby can you help at all!! 

0 Kudos

I've been following all the best practices commented in the previous post, and it has been making a huge difference in my traffic and students.  STudents who previously were seeing huge declines making 5-10 fresh pins a day are only doing 1-2, spending 10 min on the platform and seeing growth.  

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 1.47.45 PM.png

Okay awesome! @charissemerrillstrategist 

I'm excited to see how your traffic has grown with just 18.2K monthly views. If this is the case that would be so awesome! Can you show a screenshow of your analytics? Thanks! 

1 Kudo

I'm sure you know that monthly views and followers don't mean anything and are more vanity numbers.  I have another account with a whole separate business that gets 300-600K views a month (@merrillproject) and makes little to no income vs this "minimal 18K view" account making hundreds a month.  Pinterest doesn't fix a broken funnel.  Views and followers mean nothing despite outbound clicks, website traffic, and conversions.  Thank you for your feedback. 

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

I agree that impressions and followers isn't the only tactic for getting the outbound links but to say they don't mean anything is a bit of a stretch. It isn't the end all be all of course but people do need to see your content first. 

Why such a big range in views at your other account? That's almost double. Sorry to hear that it makes so little money but at least you're killing it in the other one. Have you tried purchasing ads?

Just so I understand what you're saying is that you can get an outbound link WITHOUT a Pinner actually seeing your content (impression)? Sounds like magic:) Thanks

0 Kudos