Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Please can we change Product photos!

goodenergygirl
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Can we please have the option to change the photos for our products?! 

I have journals in my shop and Pinterest is choosing a blank page of my journal or a blank index for my main pic - that's ridiculous! 

I've also tried to change the all products photo "shop image" but it's not working.  

I have actually deleted journals because my page looks so silly. 

Please advise! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @goodenergygirl Pinterest uses an algorithm and user data that determines which image to feature. Unfortunately it doesn't always choose the best image as you've experienced:( 

Pinterest is aware of this problem and is working hard to fix it. Thanks for your patience. Let us know if you need anything else. 

0 Kudos
goodenergygirl
Just visiting

Well, I don't think the algorithm is working properly then - it's choosing the worst pic most of the time.  😞

0 Kudos
PinterestDebora

Hi @goodenergygirl welcome to PBC! Thanks for your patience, we are so sorry for this, and we absolutely hear you. We are prioritizing this and will share updates with Gabby and Jazmin actively as improvements roll out for the Shopify integration.

With Shopify integration, having multiple images is yet to be fully supported, this means we will pick the main image of the product pin based on Pinterest algorithm combined with user data. 

We definitely know that this is frustrating especially because other platforms let you decide how your products look! We are well aware of this restriction and our team is working on improving the logic behind how the main pin image is selected. We will soon add a functionality that will allow you to pick the main pin image. Along with this, the ability to show multiple images in one pin, a format known as Carousel

We truly appreciate the support and again, our sincerest apology that this experience is not the best! The update has been a long standing work in progress, which is a reminder that all good things take some time and this wait is definitely worth it! 🙂 

0 Kudos
marklawlessdesigns

Is there a way to change the image in a pin once it has been published? I can change all the other information in it but not the picture? I want to be able to update my pictures as I get new ones but i'm having to make a whole new pin just to be able to add a new photo.

Thanks, Steph

0 Kudos
PinterestBreno
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @marklawlessdesigns, welcome to the PBC! We understand your point and we'll make sure to pass this along to the team, but unfortunately we are not able to change the image of a Pin after It's published. At the moment, you should be able to change the Pin's board, section, title, description, website and text. 

You should also be able to find more information on this article from our Help Center. I hope this helps! If you have any other question, let me know!

0 Kudos
chasetherainbowco

Hi there, I'm new to using Pinterest for my business, has the above changed or been updated yet? I can't find a way to change images & Pinterest catalogue isn't choosing the best main image from my products!

Thanks 

0 Kudos
PinterestFernanda

Hi @chasetherainbowco, welcome to the PBC! 🙂 

For Shopify, we use the image that is set as the main image on your website. If you want the Product Pins to have another image, you'll need to change it on your Shopify store too. 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything! 

0 Kudos
chasetherainbowco

Hi there, thanks for your quick response! 🙂

My site is through Teemill, they do have the Pinterest plugin so it was synced to catalogue automatically. Pinterest isn't currently choosing the images I have set as the main images on my Teemill site though, do you know how I can resolve this at all|?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PinterestFernanda

Hey @chasetherainbowco, the best way for you to proceed is to file a ticket with our team -- this link goes directly to the team equipped to resolve account-specific issues like these. I wish there was more I could do here but the teams who work on your ticket are closer to the work being done to resolve your concern.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else! 

0 Kudos