Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pin Description Cut Off

wildrootmarketing
Just visiting

Hi everyone! I have noticed very recently that the description I put in when scheduling via Tailwind that once the pin goes live on Pinterest that the description is cut off. Has anyone else noticed this too? Obviously, the description being fully there is important for SEO! 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this! I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 9.50.47 AM.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @wildrootmarketing 

Welcome to PBC!

1. Have you contacted Tailwind?

2. You don't need Tailwind. Here's why https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/creator-chat/best-scheduler-for-pinterest/m-p/31735#M3377

3. I see your image doesn't have any text overlay and it is not branded. Make sure you follow Pinterest's best practices for creatives. 

I hope that helps. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
wildrootmarketing
Just visiting

Thank you @pinterestmarketingexpert 

1. I actually looked at more pins and even content that has been posted not recently has the descriptions cut off so I don't believe it is a Tailwind issue as those descriptions were showing up on Pinterest previously.

2. This is very interesting. Is this official?

3. Correct, it was uploaded as an inspiration piece rather than a fully branded pin. Thank you for making sure we are making the best use of the content!

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @wildrootmarketing 

I've been following Pinterest's best practices since 2012 and based on what works today, you don't need Tailwind. 

I wish you all the best!

Thanks

0 Kudos