cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Strategies : What Worked for You?

Beachware_co
Just visiting
I have a few strategies I want to test out but before I hopped right in I wanted to see if anybody had advice they’d want to offer a beginner or if anyone wanted to share their experience with running ads on Pinterest. A few of my accounts are pretty popular and some of our video pins appear at the very very top of video searches if you look up certain terms. I was curious if turning our most popular pins into ads to drive even more traffic is a good strategy. These pins typically get some kind of engagement each week and have been up for over a year so I was curious if pumping money into them when they’re already at the top of the search algorithm would be beneficial or not? Any reply would be greatly appreciated and I am always open to brainstorming ideas or strategies with anyone willing! Thanks, in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
thehalcyonhive
Loves to help

Hey @Beachware_co !

This is a great question!  First off, yes - if you promote a pin with a history of engagement on it already, it will perform better than a brand new pin you create for the campaign.  

Second, tell me a little more about the campaign you will be running.  Do you have a shop tab on Pinterest and want to promote catalog products?  Or are you trying to grow your email list with a freebie?  I've got a lot of experience running all different types of campaigns for my clients but the strategy depends on your goal and the type of campaign you will be running.  🙂 

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

TY, @thehalcyonhive!! I knew you'd have some great tips!! I'm excited to see what other best practices people are going to share. 🤗

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo
jjfryy
Just visiting

This is a good question and it depends what you're trying to accomplish.

For most of my clients, they're trying to drive online sales so I use conversion campaigns. What I'm seeing work well right now is broad targeting at the beginning paired with automatic bidding. Target most interests to give the conversion algorithm room to find the data that it needs.

Then as you gather that data, you can break out interests that are performing well and use target CPA to improve efficiency further.

1 Kudo
pinterestmarketingexpert
Loves to help

1. Yes in my experience videos perform better compared to Standard pins. 

2. If you use those high performing videos in a Promoted Pins campaign and expand your audience with relevant interests and keywords it stands to reason the campaign would perform very well. 

0 Kudos