Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

5 Tips For Creating & Managing Pinterest Boards On Pinterest

bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Managing Your Pinterest BoardsManaging Your Pinterest Boards

Once you have claimed your website the next step you want to take is CREATING | MANAGING YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS - Pinterest Pillar #2

Having been on Pinterest for a long time I can say with all honesty one of the most important things any Pinner can do is manage their Pinterest Boards. I should know, looking back over my time on Pinterest from where I started circa 2008 to where I am now in terms of how to create | manage | turn on/off and anything else you can think of where boards are concerned is truly mind bending.

Pinterest Boards are the first look at any business and the Pinner behind the board | profile - even if we are talking about Pinterest for personal use. Boards are a Pillar when it comes to gaining likes and followers on Pinterest and require just as much attention as the pins themselves.

I have had both as a user and Pinterest Pioneer the unpleasant experience of going to a profile only to find boards and pins in disarray and incoherent, I end up going away from the profile scratching my head wondering what happened?

Here are some things every new and current Pinner should consider when creating | managing their Pinterest Boards:

Keep Your Boards SECRET

Keeping your boards SECRET until the time is right to make them public will give you more time to prepare how you want to present your boards.

• Create a mini informational about the board
  • Create a board cover - Canva | Adobe Spark
  • Add the APPROPRIATE Pins to that board
  • Minimize the SHOCK to other Pinners - No inconsistent or incoherent pins to see when they arrive on your profile 

Keep Your Board Covers CONSISTENT

Nothing says unprepared like Board Covers that look like they have been created everywhere | using inconsistent fonts, brand colors, or imaging or worst of all they don't match the company brand or niche - you want to tell your story and in the very same moment you want to ask your viewers to do something - Follow Me | Like A Pin | Share A Pin | Go To My Website or something else but they won't be able to do that if you don't present a good reason why they should.

Keep The Number Of Boards You Create REASONABLE

Nod your head if you have ever gone to a Pinner's profile only to find that they have more than 100 Boards? I have (nodding my head) guess what I did? I left - to my knowledge no Pinner who is visiting profiles or who is searching for something has the time or desire to scroll through 100+ boards. Choose a reasonable number of boards to present to potential followers and viewers and make them OUTSTANDING. There is a bonus to this for you the business | Pinner you won't have to maintain so many boards.

Create PERSONAL BOARDS

We all love pinning I will be the first to admit it I love looking through Idea Pins on a Sunday afternoon and admittedly I also love pinning to my boards cool pins that I find for my personal use. When it comes to pinning my personal favs on my business boards that is just something I don't do nor should you. if you want viewers and followers to take your business seriously then please don't pin your personal favorites to public business boards keep them on your own PERSONAL BOARDS that are SECRET

Create A PLEASE COMEBACK BOARD 

New to Pinterest? Consider doing this if you have created your profile | claimed your website but you haven't got your boards or pins figured out yet - planning is really important when it comes to boards and if you need more time but don't want to show a random pin or worse nothing at all (Pinterest is Visual) then consider making a PLEASE COMEBACK BOARD you can add a pin with a link to your website or splash page or perhaps a link to a SIGN UP for your email list.

Remember Pinterest is visual and creating Board Candy that Pinners won't be able to get enough of is key - Take time to create | plan your Boards use some of the tips above to create OUTSTANDING Boards you will get so much Pinterest Love ❤️ if you do.

Lisa.

4 Kudos
8 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmoodThis is really good, Lisa! I like how you said to keep the boards consistent and reasonable!

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss 

Thanks Michael....yes I think its okay to suggest Reasonable? As always appreciate your support. Lisa

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmood  I think you said it perfectly! It can be a little overwhelming to scroll through a large number of boards.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss 

That's good to hear its hard to know - some people really like having a lot of boards but I always find it difficult to find what I am looking for and then I give up. Lisa

1 Kudo
everydaylifewithlaura
Loves to help

Hi @bodymindmood ! This is such valuable info! I def need to take your advice on cleaning up my boards! Hope you’re doing well!

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@everydaylifewithlaura 

Hey Laura - I am glad to hear you liked this I am never sure about response when I post articles and your support is always welcomed and appreciated.

Boards are something people really don't talk about and for the record I am still working to make mine better.

I hope you are doing well? I love your reels I am getting back into it family stuff at home that I must attend to we are moving from Glasgow to England ..... arghhhhh

Lisa

0 Kudos
Zenor_mae
Just visiting

Thank you so much for this info @bodymindmood, I will definitely be implementing them.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Zenor_mae 

Welcome to the PBC!

I'm glad you found them helpful.

Check Out The Pinterest Pioneers Blog there is some great reading there.

If you have any other questions consider submitting them to the Mail Bag

Lisa

0 Kudos