Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Program FAQ

Verified Merchant Program FAQ

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 2.34.47 PM.png

The purpose of this article is to provide answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Verified Merchant Program. This information has been provided by @PinterestBrad on the VMP team at Pinterest. 

We hope these answers were helpful. Please rate the article if it helped you!

What are the benefits of becoming a Verified Merchant?

As a verified merchant, you’ll:

• Be eligible for your products to show up in shopping experiences
  • Stand out with a badge on your Pinterest profile and product Pins
  • Receive access to Conversion Insights, a new analytics tool 

Why do I have to set up the required events within the Pinterest Conversion tag to become a Verified Merchant?

The primary reason is to know how often specific products from your Catalog are being viewed, placed in the cart, and purchased. This can help inform the business on:

• How to utilize your advertising budget
  • Dynamic retargeting settings for your future campaigns

📌: Including product_id within the events (PageVisits, AddToCart, and Checkout) will allow you to utilize the Conversion Insight tool to make informed decisions.

My business is located outside of the United States, can I apply to the Verified Merchant Program?

The VMP Program is open to businesses located in:

• United States
  • United Kingdom 
  • Canada 
  • Australia 
  • Germany 
  • France
  • Austria
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • Brazil 
  • Mexico

We have plans to expand to businesses in other countries in the future and will be sure to keep businesses informed when we have expansion updates to share.

In the meantime, you can take advantage of the following features available in international markets:

• Implement the Pinterest Tag on your site to take advantage of advanced reporting
  • Upload a Catalog to serve paid/organic Product Pins to Pinners

*Disclaimer: We recently announced an update to our content creation tooling on Pinterest that combines and simplifies our organic Pin formats. Due to these recent product updates, some articles posted prior to May 2023 may be out of date.

Comments
shopclaricielo

Hello, I applied to the verified merchant program, got an email stating i was approved, and never got the blue check mark. I have been reaching out to support all week and have had zero luck fixing my issue. My tag is installed, my catalog was approved. All 3 requirements are checked green. @PinterestSupport

I have an alert under Verified merchant status saying "needs attention" yet I have already been approved and my approval has also been stated on my Shopify app. How can we go about this? 

I really hope to hear from you soon!

alisammeredith

@shopclaricielo

I don't know if this will help at all, but I had everything connected and somehow the Shopify app lost the connection. It was strange because Pinterest still showed it connected and was processing the feed, but it wasn't the updated one. I set it up in Shopify again and that solved the problem. Maybe that would help?

krishnasri070

How to file a query to verified merchant program

StevenKelly29

How long does it take to receive your blue check mark on Pinterest, after being accepted for the merchant program?