Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I seeing a drop in traffic?

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (2)

It’s common to see profile and Pin performance fluctuate over time. If you observe one or more of the following trends, the traffic drop may be expected. Try considering these suggestions: 

• Observe larger date ranges and see if there was a sudden spike
  • Seasonal trends and/or seasonal content
  • Your account may have been suspended
  • Filter for other metrics such as engagement, closeups, clicks, etc. to see if this is affecting your entire account or only affecting certain metrics
  • There may be patterns split by device, source, content type, or format

For more information, please see this article

Did you visit the article and still need help? Ask your question here to see if the community can help.

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

9 Kudos
8 Replies
fortyyoung
Just visiting

I have seen small periods where my numbers drop but then bounce back up shortly after. Thanks for the info! 🙂 

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

You bet, @fortyyoung!! 

2 Kudos
healthresource4u
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby, Can't we have some feature where we can see real time stats or at least quick traffic stats from today .

We have to wait for 2-3 days for the traffic stats to appear.

4 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Posts regularly

I saw a 50% decrease after Thanksgiving through about mid-January, but it's finally starting to creep back up again 🙂 

If you enjoy yummy Keto Recipes visit my Pinterest page: Healthy Ambitions Thanks, Cathy
2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, @healthresource4u. We shared this with our internal team, but please keep an 👀out for any future updates on this down the road! 

3 Kudos
sjdesignscc
Just visiting

Same here. My % took a nosedive right after Christmas. 

1 Kudo
thelivehim
Posts regularly

If we see a sudden spike in traffic, what should we do to try and keep that consistent? 

1 Kudo
PartynwPlants
Just visiting

Good tips! I think traffic has a lot to do with overall trends and if we aren't staying current with trending key words then our pins aren't going to have traffic.

I dived into Pinterest100.com tonight and it was so interesting to see emerging trends. There were topic's I would have never expected such growth.  I think this will really help when developing new pins and what key words or topics are growing.

On the flip side it would be so interesting to see the top 100 topic's that have declined. What aren't people searching for anymore? I would love to know! 

Thanks! Nicole

4 Kudos