cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which business account is better?

Highlighted

Is it better to add a business account to your personal account or to create a new (stand-alone) business account? What are the pros and cons to each approach?

1 Kudo
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @hhixon0620! My account is both business and personal, because it's easy to toggle back and forth, but I know that people also like to keep their business and personal accounts separate because it's easier to manage. Totally up to you, though! I'd love to hear from others in the community -- @realsouthamerica@theburntsunsetnovel@AmericanoCrystals@karen_whitworth any thoughts? 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

@hhixon0620 Hi there!

I think it depends on your intention on Pinterest. If you want to build a personal blog you should use your own profile and add your name here. If you are going to start e-commerce business it is better to create a new profile for your brand.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Loves to help

My personal interests align with my business interests, so I only have one account. I write dystopian apocalyptic fantasy novels. I like to read and watch that stuff, so that is also what I post on my business account. I not only feature my books but also Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and Divergent. I call it excellence by association. It's like I'm telling people who look at my stuff, "If you like these famous books (and these boards) you'll like my work The Burnt Sunset."

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great tips, @theburntsunsetnovel and @AmericanoCrystals! Thanks for jumping in. I know @matthiasbastian was asking about personal vs business account logins, too. 🙂 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
0 Kudos