cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are Product Pins and how do they work?

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

Product Pins include real-time pricing, availability and info on where to buy the product. Product Pins are different from Buyable Pins because although they make information about your product readily available on Pinterest, they do not let a user buy the product directly from Pinterest. These Pins must link to the product landing page where you can actually purchase the product. Please don't use them if your website just shows products that must be purchased on another site.

We support Open Graph, Schema.org and oEmbed formats for marking up your pages. If you are using a Shopify website, then your page already has the correct metadata and is ready for validation. When you're done marking your pages, don’t forget to use our validator to finish the Rich Pin process!

For more information, check out our Help Center article on Product Pins. 

Has anyone used Product Pins for their business? Share your experience and tips and tricks with us below. 🙂 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

7 Kudos
22 Replies
BlanchesPlace
Just visiting

I do have a shopify store but mostly just schedule pins or pin directly. Does one really need to add the store feed if you are using a shopify store? There are constant changes to ecommerce its hard to stay on top of things. Looking forward to learning from this community

2 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

we haven't given it a shot yet! But I am very interested in diving in to this more! Thank you

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @BlanchesPlace, you don't NEED a feed. If you have a small shop, you can add products manually. If you have Rich Pins enabled, the products will actually update on their own if there are any changes i.e. out of stock, price changes, etc. 

Hope this helps! 

1 Kudo
fashionayasha
Just visiting

Shopify just informed me they are no longer connecting with Pinterest to use rss feed for auto feeding. They informed me the pins will have to be directly created from the Shopify link in which you create a rich pin for. 

0 Kudos
tailwind
Loves to help

Hey, Gabby! I just came across this quote on the Product Rich Pins page:

"Note: In the US and UK, this info will only show up on your product Pins if your product is in stock, the price is accurate, we've updated the data in the past three days and you’re on our list of merchants. Please fill out this form to apply if you’re not." (note: there is no link to the form)

I just want to clarify - does this mean that in the US, you can only have Rich Pin data appear on products if you have a catalog feed and are a verified merchant? This is the first time I've seen this and I want to make sure I understand. Thanks!!

Here's the page: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/product-pins

Alisa

Tailwind
Create, schedule, publish, analyze - Pinterest marketing is all in one with Tailwind. Free trial.
0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tailwind lemme check on that for ya! Hold, please. 😉 

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Hello, friend! I think this is the case - talking to someone who isn't able to get Rich Pins on products and I think it's because they don't have a product feed. Maybe. Not sure. Ha.

~ Alisa

Tailwind
Create, schedule, publish, analyze - Pinterest marketing is all in one with Tailwind. Free trial.
0 Kudos
loverbridals
Just visiting

Hello Gabby

I have a shopify site, but I can't apply product rich pins, I have added pinterest app, everything is normal, I also did as the guide: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/product-pins, still failed, the status show "

Has qualified Rich Pin Data Type" missing.

I found there are many other users of shopify have the same problems, so please help!!!

@PinterestGabby @

0 Kudos
hudsonfarmhouse
Just visiting

Alisa from my understanding rich pins and rich product pins are two different things. To have the products rich pins yes they have to have the catalog, open graph, or schema markup. Hope that helps 🙂

Corey Hudson
www.hudsondesigncompany.com
0 Kudos