cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Pins Stuck in Review

seanmartorana
Just visiting

Hello All! 

Hope I can get some help here. I've contacted support but have had no response on a solution yet. So I am coming here in hopes to figure this out.

A lot of my video pins are being stuck in review. 

The first video pin to be stuck in review was posted April 20, 2021.
So it's been over a week. And other scheduled pins have just stacked up also in review since then. 

Every once in a while one will get through.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I get an average of 1k-3k for each post. But every few posts will clock a 0. I understand a low viewing could happen for many reasons. But 0?!

If anybody has seen or done anything to solve this please let me know.

So far no word back from support.

This is effecting my business and it's not just for personal so pretty important.

Thank you!!!

- Sean 

PS: I would link to a pin but they are in review so don't think that would help here.

2 Kudos
8 Replies
tlw312
Just visiting

Wish I could offer a solution, having the same issues myself. Videos are stuck in review mode, and the few that do manage to get approved sit at 1 view--I average 2,000-4,000 views per video. And today Pinterest is rejecting my ads, ads using the same template that have never been rejected before and have been used repeatedly on Pinterest (I was able to get my ads approved by appealing). I have been in contact with support and they have responded. They acknowledged that there was a problem and that they were working on it, then followed up a few days later to say that the problem had been fixed. I let them know otherwise. So frustrating, as I refuse to give my ad money to Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest has been my go to, but now I'm having to rethink things as this has impact on my bottom line.

1 Kudo
seanmartorana
Just visiting

@tlw312 This has been exactly my problem. They reached out to me and said the same that they knew there was a problem and were working on it. I never got a message saying they fixed it. But I did see those stuck pins were no longer stuck but had 0 views. They did ask me to delete and repin but it's hard to find time for something that MAY work. 

I hope to get back to this shortly. And I hope it works better now. 

But yes extremely frustrating. Thank you for your response. Great to know I'm not alone and somebody else is experiencing the same thing with the same frustrations.

And I'm with you on ads. I was going to start pumping some out here on Pinterest but stopped because of these problems. 

1 Kudo
italianpolishmo
Just visiting

So happy I saw this, the SAME exact thing is happening to me. I haven't got any replies from any of the emails I sent to Pinterest. So very frustrating to create a bunch of videos pins and just have them stuck there! 😞

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@seanmartorana et al. There was an issue that was impacting video Pins being stuck in review which has since been resolved. @tlw312, could you share the ticket # regarding the ad rejection? We'd like to look into it. Thanks! 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo
tlw312
Just visiting

Hello @PinterestGabby 

Yes, videos are no longer stuck in review mode, but unfortunately for me, there is still a lingering and ongoing problem with video uploads that was not happening before (the video problem sprung up about 3 weeks ago).

I'm now finding that my videos are getting very little traction and some get no traction at all, as quite a few of my videos literally sit at 1 view for hours on end. This forces me to have to upload several videos in hopes that at least 2 or 3 out of the bunch will get the typical traffic that my videos tend to get. I've literally gone from 2-4k views per video to practically nothing overnight and having to constantly upload and monitor my videos to see if they are performing well or subpar and the process has become incredibly time consuming. The videos that are currently on my page are performing well, but that's only because I deleted the other 5 or 10 that weren't. Again, this was not a problem until about 3 weeks ago.

As far as my ads go, I had to appeal to get my ads running and I am shocked at how poorly they are performing. Never experienced this before with Pinterest. I don't have a ticket number, as I don't recall one being generated when I appealed, I just clicked on the appeal link that was included in the ad rejection message and was told that it would be looked into. I had 3 ads rejected, but was given a Promoted Pin ID for each. If that helps, they are: 687216386947, 687216386144687216386057.   

I was happy that my ads were all quickly approved after my appeal, but they are performing so poorly that it's been a waste of money.  I've been on Pinterest since 2014 and have abandoned all other social media platforms because Pinterest had become my fun safe place and a place that helped my brand thrive, I would love to have that back because Pinterest, as of late, feels like a burden.  If you can offer any suggestions I'd be incredibly grateful. 🙂

2 Kudos
seanmartorana
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby 

I too have had the same problem as @tlw312 with the video views.

I understand low views or a difference in view rates. But to have 0 or 1 vs the 2-4k on others is very odd and yes frustrating to me.

If it is a user problem and is on my end I'd love to know why this happens so I can adjust my approach.

These things worry me and prevent me from producing ads with this unknown. 

I appreciate all your help and @tlw312 's contribution to this thread here.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you both for taking the time to share your feedback and experience, I really appreciate it. Let me take this back to the team and see if I can get any further insight around this specific issue. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
seanmartorana
Just visiting

Hello @PinterestGabby!

I finally have been able to start back up with pins again after the problem with video pins being stuck in review. So far so good on that so I think and hope that is fixed.

But can you please help me with why pins are getting 0 views? 

I'm filling everything out with correct tags and SEO keywords.

Some pins get 1-2k+ views. 

But others absolute 0. I can understand only a few but 0?

Not sure what the point is spending all this time on pins if nobody is going to see them. 

If I'm doing something wrong I would love to know what it is.

Or is this just how it is and par for the course?

Thank you so much for your time and help. I truly appreciate it.

1 Kudo