cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Pins: Autoplay parameters for embedding on site?

primermagazine
Just visiting

Hi all! I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are autoplay parameters that can be added to video iframe embed code so that the video pins autoplay on our site like they do on Pinterest. For example, here is the embed code they provide, on other platforms adding something like autoplay="true" works, but nothing I can think of enables this. Thanks!

iframe src="https://assets.pinterest.com/ext/embed.html?####" height="714" width="345" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" 

1 Kudo
3 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi @primermagazine Glad you made it to the community.

If I understand your question correctly try visiting this link Pinterest Video Pins & see if this is the information you are looking for. 

If you are asking about your website it would depend on your site provider in my case I use Squarespace and they only require an embed code and then once that is added you can determine the size | loop and other options for how the video behaves on your site.

I hope this helps you.

Lisa😁

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
0 Kudos
primermagazine
Just visiting

I appreciate the reply! I'm looking for parameters that can be used with the iframe embed code that Pinterest provides after you create a video pin. Those should be agnostic to which website platform a website is based on. In the sample code I provided examples of parameters are "height" and "width" and 
"scrolling="no"". On Pinterest, video pins autoplay, I'd like the same functionality when I embed them, so I'm hoping there is a parameter, as there is with other video platforms like Youtube, to enable autoplay on an embeded video. 

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello - I checked a number of places both online and in Pinterest and I have not been able to find anything but that doesn't mean that what you want to do is impossible, sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

Lisa.

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
0 Kudos