cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL Not Reachable/valid when trying to create pin

lifeinmouseyears
Just visiting

I am so beyond frustrated. I have searched for hours and hours for DAYS. All of a sudden when I try to create a pin and I put in my URL it says that the URL is not valid, or sometimes it says URL is not reachable and to check it is accurate. I can not find anywhere what is wrong, what is causing it, or what I can do to fix it! I sent a message to the help center and all they did was put a link to this community page. 

I haven't been able to create a pin for a week now. Today I realized my social media share buttons were not working. I deactivated the plugin and installed a different one. Then the social media buttons worked. I then was able to get a pin through after that and I thought I had fixed whatever was causing it. However, I tried to create more pins after that and it is not working again. 

Does anyone know what causes this? Is there something I need to do? Is this a Pinterest issue? Need help, please! 

Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @lifeinmouseyears, welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your experience with us. It sounds like you did file a ticket with support but I'm having some trouble locating it -- can you share the ticket reference # with me so I can escalate? It should be located in your email. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you! 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
lifeinmouseyears
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby, I checked and double-checked all the email conversations that I had back and forth with Pinterest. There is no ticket number in any of them. The last person I talked with asked for the URL I was having issues with. I sent three different ones. When they checked, the first two worked for them, but not the third. They said that it would take time to fix the glitch and to know that they are working on it. This was on September 2nd. I still can't create a pin. I did find I can share pins directly through Canva, but it is not as convenient as doing through Pinterest and scheduling them. 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @lifeinmouseyears. Strange, I also tried locating your ticket via your username and was unable to find one from you. By chance did you file under a different Pinterest account? I know this isn't ideal, but if we can't locate it, can you please file a new one here [this should route directly to the team that handles these types of issues] for investigation? Thank you! 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
lifeinmouseyears
Just visiting

It was done under this account. I will file a new one. Thank you for the link and for your help!

1 Kudo
abetterresume
Loves to help

I can see how your situation would be frustrating. I took a quick look and it seems your page loads properly. You may look into fixing your SSL protocol by asking your webhost to secure your website. There are cases where certain browsers register redirects/nonconnect if a website is not secure.

0 Kudos
nearlynewlywed

Did they solve or explain this for you? I am now having the same issue 😞 @lifeinmouseyears 

0 Kudos
lifeinmouseyears
Just visiting

Thank you!! I will give that try. I was wondering if it might be an issue but brushed it off since things had been ok all along until now. I have been trying to get my web designer to make my site secure for a while now. I need to be a squeaky wheel... Thank you again!

0 Kudos
lifeinmouseyears
Just visiting

@nearlynewlywed  I am so sorry you are having the same issue! It is so frustrating! 😞 They haven't solved or explained it. Each time I have contacted them I am told that they are working on it, it takes time to fix the issue, and they would let me know when they were done. I contacted them a second time because my ticket couldn't be found and it had been over a month. Now it has been numerous months. It is depressing because my stats and views have dropped so badly. I am going to do what @abetterresume recommended and pester my web designer to make my site secure and see if that works.  If I find out it is something on my end and it gets fixed, I will share it here. 

0 Kudos
lifeinmouseyears
Just visiting

Ok so wanted to give a quick update.  I STILL can not create pins on Pinterest. I am having to do it via a third-party site which is a HUGE pain! My site is completely secure now and I still am unable to create pins. I know they said it will take time to fix whatever issue, however, after 4 months of this, I have doubts that it will be fixed. 😞

0 Kudos