cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to claim website

Highlighted

Hey everyone,

I am new to the Pinterest Business Community and this is my first post. I have recently started a blog (around 3 weeks back) and have created a Business Account on Pinterest to share my original content. I have 3 original posts on my website and there is nothing remotely close to spam. I use Siteground Hosting and a paid licensed theme. Here is a timeline of what transpired:

Day 1 - Day 3

I tried claiming my website using the Open Graph metadata tag in Yoast SEO plugin of Word Press. Every time I clicked claim on Pinterest, I would get a message stating - "Stay tuned! We're checking your site and will email you in the next 24 hours". I would wait 24 hours and then realise that neither was my website being claimed nor did I receive any email. I tried this almost every day for 3 days but nothing happened.

Day 4
I raised a ticket using the Help Center link. The response was very slow and I continued to wait.

Day 6
I realise that my account has been suspended and I get an email stating that I had somehow violated the Spam guidelines. I immediately click the appeal link on the email and also raise the concern via the Help Centre. 

In the meantime, I also receive a reply finally on my original issue of being unable to claim my website. The reply states something similar that it violates Pinterest Spam community guidelines and hence has been blocked. I replied stating that I have no spam content on my website and it's all original written content. However, the ticket was closed stating no further information can be provided. 
Meanwhile, in less than 24 hours, my account was reinstated stating that there was a mistake on Pinterest's part.

Day 7

So I go ahead and again attempt to claim my website. I believed that since Pinterest support had accepted their mistake and incorrectly tagged me as spam, I should be able to finally claim my website. However, 24 hours later I face the same problem of receiving no reply and being unable to claim my website

Day 8

I am not sure what should I do now. The links on my pin work. So it seems links haven't been blocked. However, I just am not able to claim my website. I am not sure raising a ticket with Help Centre will help either, given the kind of response I had previously received. Also, I fear attempting to claim my website too many times will result in my account getting suspended again.

Would highly appreciate if someone can provide me with some guidance on how to proceed with this issue.

My Account: @countingthemiles 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @countingthemiles, welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing this detailed breakdown of your experience -- I quickly checked with support and it appears that your website has been claimed. 🙂 Thanks again for sharing this feedback around support, we'll make a note of it to share with our internal teams for review. LMK if there's anything else I can help you with in the meantime, and hope to see you around the community. 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!