Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Trends

wellnstrong
Just visiting

Hi! 

I saw several phrases/key words that were "trending" however when I went to type them in to tag my pinterest idea pins, they didn't come up. Do the trends refer to the hashtags? Do people even recommend including hashtags to optimize pins/increase engagement?

Thanks!

Jac

0 Kudos
2 Replies
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @wellnessdove , Welcome to the PBC!

Trends and tags are two different things. Trends are based on the searches and words that people are currently searching for. You can leverage a trend that relates to your niche by creating content that is relate/relevant to that trend. For example, boho-chic is a trend, so you could create idea pins that align with this trend and possibly gain more visibility, since it's what people are interested in at the moment.

Here's an amazing article on trends by @JanaOMedia that'll explain more.

Tags are not as specific and we can't create a tag. Pinterest gives us tags and the best way is to choose tags that relate to the content of the idea pin you are creating. Every so often we find that new tags have been added.

Hashtags have been an interesting discussion in the last years when it comes to using them on Pinterest. The most recent word by Pinterest is that "hashtags aren't prevalent and not an authentic function or feature on Pinterest". Instead focus on keywords. Even though hashtags are searchable, pinners don't search for hashtags. 

I hope this helps!

3 Kudos
wellnstrong
Just visiting

Hi Tereza! I only see one reward goal for the month of August on pinterest - could you advise? 

0 Kudos