cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic has dropped since March 2021

teediddlydee_DIY
Just visiting

My analytics have literally flat lined since March 2021.  It's now August 2021 and it's still happening.  All I get from Pinterest help is a round-about, generic answer that I need to pin better pins (it takes them a month to respond). I’m so disappointed with Pinterest and I’m just at the point where I don’t know what to do. This is my bread and butter and I’m starving.  Anyone else having the same negative results???

7 Kudos
11 Replies
gocollect

YES. I've been doing a lot of research on it and I can't seem to find any solid reasons why. Outside of them promoting more on-platform based content. Which defeats the purpose of having all the pins be linked to sites imo.

5 Kudos
thedarkpixieast
Just visiting

Add another, this seems to be an ongoing problem for a while that they haven't addressed. It started for me almost 2 months ago. When I reached out to Pinterest the Pinterest person gave me the generic suggestions (none of which applied to me) and then told me "there’s nothing else I can do on my end. Your request will be marked as complete." And that was that.

What's odd in my case is my account is still growing in terms of followers, it seems from using Idea Pins. I started using them in January and my following has grown a ton since then, and my Idea Pins are still getting saves/clicks/views (so my monthly views looks high but it's misleading since it's all from Idea Pins, not my regular pins). Unfortunately you can't add links to Idea Pins so they're great for growing your account but not driving traffic to your site/blog.

It's my regular Pinterest pins that are only getting around 100 views each (when they were getting 3-4k before this). I was getting 100k page views to my site from Pinterest thanks to the growth in followers from Idea Pins, but now it's down to less than 5k (even lower than before I started using Idea Pins, it was 15-20k). And that's with almost 60k followers. Thank goodness Google hasn't abandoned me.

6 Kudos
mangacompimenta
Posts regularly

Hi, I'm from Brazil and I'm using google translator. I'm early, sorry for the English.

Here too, several users complaining of drops from 50% to 70% of pin views.

What we got in response: get idea pins.

It doesn't work for anything and every day more views drop.

We complained again, we had no answer.

If the Comunidade Brasil responds, I'll pass here for you.

5 Kudos
thedarkpixieast
Just visiting

@mangacompimenta  I've continued using Idea Pins since January and still experienced the drop. I tried increasing how many I was posting to every day to see if that would help but it didn't.

2 Kudos
mangacompimenta
Posts regularly

In the Brazil community, we have eight people complaining.
Aside from the fall, the pin idea doesn't bring any returns.
I can't have access to the Latin American or American community to know if it's general.
I was just aware that it is happening outside, because of this topic.

4 Kudos
ohmycloset
Just visiting

YESSSS! It's all the same here in Brazil. View counts have dropped really hard around the same period and each new pin we make is just a sad and frustrated attempt in getting them higher. I would laugh if I wasn't desperate. 

1 Kudo
littlediyyoutube
Just visiting

Pinterest is now tik tok they are only focusing on video/idea pins. Standard pins are not getting any views anymore. 

2 Kudos
thedarkpixieast
Just visiting

(forgive me gumming up this thread, this has been aggravating!) SO I *finally* stumbled upon why my impressions dropped - my pins have been de-indexed so they're not showing up in search. Apparently when your pins are de-indexed, it only impacts your new pins (pins you've posted after being hit) and your new pins are only shown to your existing followers, which is why the impression count doesn't go to zero but is still unusually low all of a sudden.

In my case, I think the (truly overly aggressive) spam filter flagged my account because of all of the growth I've had this year (but that's just thanks to idea pins; apparently the bot doesn't consider that!). I've contacted Pinterest but I don't know if/when they'll re-index my pins. 

Don't know if that's also what happened to the rest of you who have seen the sudden drop, but wanted to put it out there in case it is (do a search on Pinterest for any of your recent pins since the drop and see if they come up; the only ones that are for me are the ones I've saved to group boards I belong to since those boards were created by a different account and wouldn't be impacted). 

0 Kudos
littlediyyoutube
Just visiting

Pinterest wants creators to create idea pins, I added an image to idea pins I got 25k impressions in two days, I added the same pin as a standard pin I only got 1k impressions. My home page is filled with idea pins from random account I don't even follow. On Instagram u first see the posts from people you follow and then there are separate tabs for reels but on Pinterest there is just a home feed that is filled with random pins. 

1 Kudo