cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for new beginners on Pinterest

bynaildesign
Just visiting

Hi Everyone, 

I am a new one. It has been 2 months. I did what I read from here or other platforms as advice. I use Tailwind also. I share appx 30 pins in a day, additionally 2-3 idea pins. Even I try most of the things, I have got very low engagements, views, almost nothing about clicks 😞 (27 followers, 35k views) I know, it is not easy and it doesn't become suddenly. I should be patient about it. But, when I read these 'how to get 1000 followers in a month with Tailwind etc' blogs, I feel really demotivated and I am thinking that it should be something I can not manage.  Do you have any ideas or any advice for new beginners? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @bynaildesign ! 

Welcome to PBC!  I just took a peek at your account and got lost in all your amazing nail design ideas! You have great content for Pinterest, but don't be discouraged. You said you've only been on Pinterest for 2 months and but you are doing the right things!

Like @ideachicretail said, continue to focus on SEO.  Here are some additional tips:

• Use trends.pinterest.com to see what is trending right now and leverage that for idea pins
  • Think about your goal on Pinterest.  Is it to get traffic to your site? If so, make sure you add a call-to-action on your pins.
  • Awesome job with your idea pins! I noticed they are all one page only though.  Try adding another page with a simple call-to-action (i.e. "follow me for more Nail art inspo" or "click the link in my bio for more nail designs", etc.)
  • try creating ideas pins with a collection of ideas (i.e. "10 spooky nail art ideas")
  • Tag accounts that you share images from in your idea pins (you can do this when you create them from your Pinterest mobile app)
  • Follow and engage (comment, like, etc ) with account that align with your audience. 
  • study your analytics to see which pins get the most engagements. What are people saving? Pin clicks? 

@ideachicretail said it perfectly - Pinterest is a long game.  Promoting pins will help amplify your reach, but I typically only recommend promoting pins to grow your email list or get product sales unless you have the $$ to do a brand awareness campaign.

Hope this helps!

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

View solution in original post

7 Kudos
3 Replies
ideachicretail
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Welcome to Pinterest from a long time user. Pinterest is a longer play, think SEO rather than social will help. Our Pinterest business account only has 1K followers but we convert sales everyday from Pinterest, likely not from followers. Try promoting some pins you are proud of and see if they get saved to relevant boards, study what happens. Good luck and don´t give up. 

Idea Chíc makes sweet. classic, chíc social stationery and gifts https://www.pinterest.com/ideachicretail/
3 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @bynaildesign ! 

Welcome to PBC!  I just took a peek at your account and got lost in all your amazing nail design ideas! You have great content for Pinterest, but don't be discouraged. You said you've only been on Pinterest for 2 months and but you are doing the right things!

Like @ideachicretail said, continue to focus on SEO.  Here are some additional tips:

• Use trends.pinterest.com to see what is trending right now and leverage that for idea pins
  • Think about your goal on Pinterest.  Is it to get traffic to your site? If so, make sure you add a call-to-action on your pins.
  • Awesome job with your idea pins! I noticed they are all one page only though.  Try adding another page with a simple call-to-action (i.e. "follow me for more Nail art inspo" or "click the link in my bio for more nail designs", etc.)
  • try creating ideas pins with a collection of ideas (i.e. "10 spooky nail art ideas")
  • Tag accounts that you share images from in your idea pins (you can do this when you create them from your Pinterest mobile app)
  • Follow and engage (comment, like, etc ) with account that align with your audience. 
  • study your analytics to see which pins get the most engagements. What are people saving? Pin clicks? 

@ideachicretail said it perfectly - Pinterest is a long game.  Promoting pins will help amplify your reach, but I typically only recommend promoting pins to grow your email list or get product sales unless you have the $$ to do a brand awareness campaign.

Hope this helps!

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

7 Kudos
xzouix
Posts regularly

@thehalcyonhive 

Good ideas right here!

I too struggle a lot. My idea pins used to get thousands of impressions, now I barely get a handful of impressions. I don't know if it's because I took two weeks break from creating idea pins, but I never got back up on my feet.

I continue doing my best, but I often feel discouraged because I get no visitors, no reactions, no results, online or offline. It is hard to be a fashion designer these days, I know it's a tough business. But doing everything 100% and still seeing no results, makes me seriously rethinking my career path. Now that I am about to launch my second brand, I am really afraid if this all makes sense at all. I mean, I am very open to constructive criticism and brainstorming. I 've been doing online business for over a decade, following the best SEO practices, creating content on multiple platforms, improving my photography skills and choosing the best materials for my fashion collections, but having no income in almost two years after investing thousands of hours and thousands of euros in my work with no results, that's a real slap in the face. The environment changes and evolves a lot, but so am I, and I don't give up, I keep trying new things and testing new strategies. But there must be something I do wrong, I just haven't figured it out.

one thing I have noticed however, is, no matter how perfect photo shoot with a model I come up with, Once I create photos with my self in them, I get more attention for that than for what I invest most of my time and effort into. If any of you creators and business owners has a critical advice for me that could help me recognize the mistakes I make, I am very open to listen and learn 🙂

Thanks!

-Zoui of XZOUIX
1 Kudo