Text Disappearing From Saved Idea Pins

ArtsyCraftery
Posts regularly

Even though I am more experienced now in formatting Idea Pins, text has been disappearing after I save IPs that look perfect before I save them. Some pages have the text as I saved it and some pages are missing the text that I added. Here are links to 2 examples.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/502151427213619919/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/502151427213583863/

I understand that some users do not need text as their IPs are video clips. Text is an integral part of my IPs, however. I usually add text to each page. It is important because they have no audio. IPs are fun to create but I'm not going to spend time creating any more until I hear that what appears to be glitches in the text editor are corrected.

It is easy to review each pin before publishing and there are no problems at that time. It's after saving/publishing that the problem appears. If the problem is something that I am/am not doing, please let me know. Without a good, reliable text editor, IPs are not worth my time.

Thank you.

Printaphoria: Graphics To Beautify, Organize & Simplify Your Life
My Pinterest Profile
1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery Hello 👋🏻

I have a question are you creating Idea Pins on Desktop or are you using the mobile app?

I personally have had in the past a lot of problems with the desktop and so now when I create I only use the mobile app .... no problems at all. When creating Idea pins using the desktop version I constantly had trouble and when I switched it seemed to stop.

Lisa

Please Follow Me | Like | Love | Share On Pinterest Thanks!!❤️ -- Lisa
If my answer helped resolve your issue be sure to CLICK ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery Hello 👋🏻

I have a question are you creating Idea Pins on Desktop or are you using the mobile app?

I personally have had in the past a lot of problems with the desktop and so now when I create I only use the mobile app .... no problems at all. When creating Idea pins using the desktop version I constantly had trouble and when I switched it seemed to stop.

Lisa

If my answer helped resolve your issue be sure to CLICK ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below
1 Kudo
ArtsyCraftery
Posts regularly

@bodymindmood  Hello!👋🏽 As a designer and writer, I work on desktop. Thanks for sharing your experience. Because I'm involved in graphics and publishing, it wouldn't be feasible for me to convert to using the mobile app. I did download it though in case it is ever useful.

I think the mobile app works better for makers, handmades crafters, home decor, health/beauty, fashion, cooking, travel, etc. They take pics in their environments.

For me and those in my industries, it would require too much additional time and effort to upload media to phone and access it to prepare pins.

Thanks again for trying to help out. 

Printaphoria: Graphics To Beautify, Organize & Simplify Your Life
My Pinterest Profile
1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery Hi there no worries I have a sinking suspicion that it could be Desktop related and on that point I completely feel for you - personally I prefer desktop but in my industry the phone becomes everything in the gym I am not a gym person who sets up a whole studio to take some video but I do use mobile to post and with Apple I create in one place and then copy and paste to another (my workaround).

When.I am creating with Vimeo I prefer the desktop because the app just doesn’t do it so I create on the desktop and then open my video in the vimeo app and access it the same goes for Canva there just isn’t an easier way when uploading to Pinterest.

@PinterestSusana do you have any thoughts or suggestions or is this a question for Support?

thanks Lisa

1 Kudo