cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Account Suspension

alnizl
Just visiting

My Pinterest business account is suddenly suspended. It was getting good traffic and was not using for any spamming activity ever. The reason for suspension according to Pinterest is Spam Policy Violation. I only uploaded my product catalog on my business account and the catalog was verified by Pinterest. But suddenly within few hours I got an Email that my account has been suspended for spamming.

I am sure that my account has been suspended falsely by spamming algorithm. I requested Pinterest to get my business account reviewed by a human representative instead of a bot but so far nothing has come out of many emails. The problem is whenever I used my suspended account username and email to report the issue Pinbot replies with same answer which is very frustrating. I have sent Pinterest emails from my personal account too but so far no result.

I need help from Humans from Pinterest to resolve the issue as it is heavily affecting our business as our business is solely dependent on Pinterest for traffic on our website.

@PinterestGabby @PinterestRyan @PinSupport Please help me resolve the issue.

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @alnizl, the best way for you to proceed is to file an appeal with our team -- this link goes directly to the team equipped to resolve account-specific issues like these. Please continue working with that team on this as they partner closely with engineering who has the ability to diagnose any issues with Pinterest accounts. I wish there was more I could do here but the teams who work on your ticket are closer to the work being done to resolve your concern.

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
22 Replies
knautetrommelbau

@alnizl  We had exactly the same issue with our business account. It took Pinterest a few days to react. But then they fixed it and out Pinterest account was working as before.

1 Kudo
alnizl
Just visiting

Ok. But did it affect you overall traffic I mean saves and clicks? I hope it did not reduce traffic to your website.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @alnizl, the best way for you to proceed is to file an appeal with our team -- this link goes directly to the team equipped to resolve account-specific issues like these. Please continue working with that team on this as they partner closely with engineering who has the ability to diagnose any issues with Pinterest accounts. I wish there was more I could do here but the teams who work on your ticket are closer to the work being done to resolve your concern.

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
alnizl
Just visiting

Thanks for your reply @PinterestGabby. Thankfully, our account was reactivated today a few hours ago only. We are happy that Pinterest has such a wonderful and helpful staff.

Thanks 🙂

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to hear, @alnizl!! 💕

1 Kudo
kaileybrumwell
Just visiting

I was just suspended, with my very large (4+ million monthly viewers) account. I wasn't active on it for a few months, and recently started pinning again. Even though I was pinning a "normal" way, I'm guessing that my sudden activity flagged me in the algorithm 😞 

I appealed the suspension via the email and the form, as well as tried to email creators-team@pinterest.com  - but it looks like that email is no longer in use. Is there any other way to directly contact the team to ask for assistance/ask questions? Any insight @PinterestGabby @PinterestRyan ? 

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kaileybrumwell, apologies for our delay in response. The creators-team@ email alias is no longer utilized by our team for support, the best way to get in contact with our support team is by filing a ticket here. If you'd like to file an account appeal, you can do so here. I did end up checking with our team on your account and they've confirmed it is still active. Are you referring to another account, by chance? Or the one you use here in the community? Look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Kudos
kaileybrumwell
Just visiting

Thank you for the response @PinterestGabby ! I filed both an account appeal and a support ticket before I tagged you on this thread. The account I am referring to is not this one, it is my blog's account @ beautybrainsblush and it has been reactivated since I posted here. Thanks for reaching out here! This community has been nothing but helpful while managing Pinterest accounts. 

Now to figure out why my pin impressions and clicks have gone down dramatically in the past two months... 🙂 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kaileybrumwell so happy to here the account was reactivated and the community has been a helpful resource for you!! 💕

2 Kudos