cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with consistent engagements.

thelivehim
Posts regularly

Hey everyone!

It's definitely been a while since I've checked in here - I hope everyone is staying safe, healthy and busy!

Back in February, I was receive 6m+ monthly engagements before I got unreasonably shadow-banned. I reached out to the amazing support that Pinterest has and was able to get this fixed. However, ever since then; my engagements haven't been the same. 

I'm now receiving 2.1m monthly engagements and I receive random/unpredictable engagements everyday. Some days I'll receive 300 link clicks, then the very next day I'll receive 50. I've been stuck at the 2.1m monthly engagement mark for about 5 months now without any real growth. However, the link clicks have been beyond unpredictable and not really reasonable. 

I stay consistent and creative with my pins; therefore, I don't believe this to be the reason. 

I'm just looking for some guidance on how I can potentially fix this and get my account back to where it is! I absolutely love Pinterest and I love the support that they have! This is not at all a post to complain (I want to be clear on that). I'm simply just looking for advice and knowledge to help my growth. 

Thank you so much to those who can help!!

1 Kudo
1 Reply
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @thelivehim! Sorry for the late response here, have some tips that might help you out here. Pinterest is a visual platform, so developing helpful, beautiful, actionable content is the single biggest thing you can do to drive traffic and engagement to your profile. See below for few tips to get you started, and be sure to check out our thread on creative best practices to hear from other creators in the community. Give us a shout if you have any questions! 😊

Use high-quality images. Make sure they’re high resolution pictures that are well-composed and in focus.

Go for taller Pins. Vertically-oriented Pins look better on mobile screens. The ideal aspect ratio for a Pin is 2:3 (600px wide x 900px high).

Be helpful. Pinners may not read your description, so be sure the image can stand on its own, or add text overlay to give more context.

Your descriptions. Include relevant, useful descriptions that relate to the image. Use 50-250 word descriptions that include keywords and adjectives to help people imagine how they’ll use the Pin.

Write thoughtful, timeless copy. Pins last forever, so avoid descriptions that focus on timely promotional information.

Quality check. Make sure your Pins link to a relevant webpage. High-quality landing pages rank better in our search results. Include thoughtful descriptions on the stuff people save from your website. Learn how to add descriptions to the Save button on your site.

Use Rich Pins. Rich Pins automatically add more information to your Pins and lead to higher engagement. You can learn more about creating successful Pins in our creative best practices guide.

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos