cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Story Pins Option Is Gone

kennedyxelise
Just visiting
Labels (1)

I had access to Story Pins for two days and was drafting my first one. But when I checked this morning, the feature was gone. My app is already up to date and I’m in the US. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
pureyeva
Just visiting

@kennedyxelise same here. Access for 1-2 days and then today, gone... after already waiting a lot for this feature. Very confusing. 

1 Kudo
kennedyxelise
Just visiting

@pureyeva  Uh oh, you too? It seems to be happening to a few people.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @kennedyxelise and @pureyeva -- thanks for flagging this in the community, and welcome to the PBC! Can you both try force quitting the Pinterest app and then try again to see if the Story Pins feature appears again? If you're on the web, please refresh your page and see if it shows up again. Let me know if the feature is still not popping up for you so I can escalate to our team. Thanks! 🤞

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

3 Kudos
kennedyxelise
Just visiting

Hello, it’s working now. Thank you!

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yay @kennedyxelise!! 🤗

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
xzouix
Just visiting

Hello @PinterestGabby Gaby, i have updated my app yesterday and the option of posting story pin disappeared. I tired to restart the app, checked for further updates, tried to create the story directly via my photo album, went back on the app, the option is simply gone. Is there anything else I can do? I am back on my computer, but the content I had ready for the stories including videos is on my Iphone, I wonder how long before the new update drops...

-Zoui of XZOUIX
0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi @xzouix, sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Make sure that your Pinterest app is up to date and that you're using iOS 11 or higher. Also, uninstalling and reinstalling the app might help too.

If that does not work, I would recommend filing a ticket to our support team so we can help you further.

I hope this works!

0 Kudos
xzouix
Just visiting

hello 🙂 @PinterestSusana 

yes, everything is up to date on my phone, on my app, and so on... updates and restarts didn't help solve the issue. although the option to "create a story pin is back" , I can't use it - i get multiple contrary messages, three of them: "update app" "request access" (i do have access already), "the service is not available in your country" (it is available, I already used it with a success before), and "you are in, just wait a 5 min. and restart the app"

The issue wasn't solved, I have been trying to go back and forth for like four days, but I gave up and now I work from my computer again.  I requested the help via the contact form, at some point my messages quit going through and instead getting to the pinterest support, the kept being redirected into my inbox.

I just decided to give up for now. I will try again once the new update is available, maybe the problems will go away then. i already spent last two weeks communicating several kinds of service errors to the pinterest support group, but I have to work, and this just takes time out of my pocket. I work on my own, can't really afford it.

I still can work from my computer, so I will go with that option.

thanks for reaching out!

-Zoui

-Zoui of XZOUIX
0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

@xzouix Hi Zoui!

Have you tried updating your camera permissions? Also, take a look at this FAQ under "Story Pins access tips". It may help.

Let me know if you need anything else!

1 Kudo