cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squarespace 7.1 Issues

laurenruthmartin
Just visiting

Hi!

I'm working on becoming a verified merchant but my Squarespace 7.1 site will not connect. This is apparently an issue for all new squarespace sites and I'm hoping to find any workarounds.

Thank you!

1 Kudo
7 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello @laurenruthmartin 

Welcome to PBC!

Here's a post that @andrealidesigns created. 

Please 'accept solution' if this answers your question.

Thanks

Anna Bennett
1 Kudo
laurenruthmartin
Just visiting

@pinterestmarketingexpert this article works for those with Squarespace 7.0 for some reason 7.1 doesn't allow developer mode and I keep reaching dead ends on how to connect my store!

Do you know of anyone with a squarespace 7.1 site that was able to do this successfully?

1 Kudo
pinterestmarketingexpert
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

You may want to reach out to @andrealidesigns for an update to her post. Thank you. 

Anna Bennett
1 Kudo
laurenruthmartin
Just visiting

Thank you @pinterestmarketingexpert I sent @andrealidesigns a DM.

Y'all have a good weekend!

2 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Okay  that's great @laurenruthmartin 

Feel free to come back anytime if you need help with other issues. Have a fab weekend yourself. Thank you! 

Anna Bennett
1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @laurenruthmartin My workaround unfortunately only works on Squarespace 7.0 templates. My site is on 7.0 and I haven't updated it to a version 7.1 and probably won't since I have so much custom code to perform specific functionality.

If I do ever decide to update my site I will likely opt to switch platforms to Shopify because it's so supported.

Figuring out how to manually install the Pinterest tags was tremendously involved the first time that I haven't found a need to go through the grueling process again for 7.1.

My apologies for being unable to assist you further at this time. 

I recommend asking Squarespace support for further instructions - https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us

Best of luck to you! 

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey Lauren! @laurenruthmartin 😉 

@PinterestJazmin I've seen this question a few times now since Squarespace changed things. This *could be a good workshop topic? 

-Tabby

1 Kudo