cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot the difference?

sarahrenaeclark
Just visiting

There is only ONE change in these screenshots, taken on the same day. And yet look at those impressions!

This shouldn't be possible, right?

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.48.11 am.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.48.05 am.png

This is the result of my website being somehow blocked from searches all of a sudden, by a bug, that even Pinterest's team can't seem to find (or even acknowledge exists.)

As you can imagine, this is killing my web traffic. It's like having my shopfront burn down before Christmas. It's utterly devastating.

And the analytics speak for themselves…

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.46.10 am.png

I'm still getting nowhere trying to get Pinterest support to listen to me. 

So to anyone reading… here's a quick game for you. Try to find me in search. Look up "Sarah Renae Clark" or "Sarah Renae Clark color palettes" or "Sarah Renae Clark coloring pages" and see if you can find ANYTHING that links back to my website. NOT that links to other websites, Instagram, YouTube, Etsy, etc… these are all still there. Even the stolen images are there! But MY website… it's gone. Except for my promoted listings, of course.

Any suggestions? How do I get someone within Pinterest to take a closer look? I've sent all this to support and I'm getting cut and paste advice on producing fresh content... which, by the way, is the content in the second screenshot. @PinterestGabby ?

2 Kudos
6 Replies

@sarahrenaeclark  I searched " Sarah Renae Clark " and I did see the others not website

0 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@sarahrenaeclark I just read your post and I did what you asked search you on Pinterest - I have made a short video to show you what I have found searching the terms you asked to be searched.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/DOuoGEy2

The above video is your search terms

https://share.getcloudapp.com/4guO7GwN

The above video is how I found your website

I hope this helps Lisa😁

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
0 Kudos
Kontentsia
Posts regularly

@therealsouthamerica @sarahrenaeclark 

You have just confirmed what I see.

If someone is hit with this bug, you can't find their website in search. You can find all the other links - Instagram, Etsy, but not the main claimed domain. Which means the domain is blocked from search and possibly by that even from distribution. The pins look fine on the profile, because the account wasn't blocked, but even if someone finds the pin with the blocked domain and repins it, it won't get distributed and won't get the normal level of impressions and engagement...

After three months of support telling me I wasn't blocked, now I suddently was in past (they couldn't tell me when) and reasurred me I'm whitelisted. Nothing changed so far. Still no pins in search and no impressions on new pins - I think it's still blocked.

And apart from one person here (sorry, can't remember your name), who got whitelisted and the pins returned, I haven't seen anyone with a solution. And this only lasted for two weeks before this person lost traffic again - possibly hit by the bug for the second time.

We are just waiting for a fix that might never come... Of a bug that has never been officially confirmed even existing...

Sorry I couldn't be much help, I can only confirm your problem is real, it's been here a while and it spreads.

- Alesia Skye: @ScatteredQuotes & @Kontentsia (nothing there yet)
1 Kudo
sarahrenaeclark
Just visiting

@Kontentsia @ScatteredQuotes
Sounds exactly the same. Have you had any luck trying different channels to get through to someone who can help? Have you just continued with support tickets, or have you given up?

2 weeks ago, I had the exact thing happened that you said: "After three months of support telling me I wasn't blocked, now I suddently was in past (they couldn't tell me when) and reasurred me I'm whitelisted."

I was told "As we told you earlier, Your account ( https://www.pinterest.com/sarahrenaeclark/) is currently being reindexed in our search and the process may take up to two weeks."

This was the first time they acknowledged any bug at all, and said anything about re-indexing. And it was 2 days short of being 2 weeks ago.

My current plan is to just send all my Pinterest traffic to my Instagram and YouTube instead of my website, as it seems like my only option. Starting a new account won't fix the issue, since it's an issue with my website. Meanwhile, all the stolen images from my site are benefiting from my traffic, and my promoted Pins are performing well because they have NO organic competition from my website.

I wish there was a way to escalate this. This has really killed my usual Christmas momentum.

Google analytics- Pinterest 2019 vs 2020.png

0 Kudos
sarahrenaeclark
Just visiting

It's even more frustrating when Pinterest uses my own images on the recommendations tabs! 4 of the And yet, none of them show up when I go to these categories. So wrong.Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 12.41.48 pm.png

0 Kudos
Kontentsia
Posts regularly

@sarahrenaeclark 

I gave up for now until I have a new idea. Last message I got was "keep creating and have patience". Nope, just nope, no patience anymore... But it leads nowhere to tell them that and why would I create for no one to see...

The thing about me "suddenly being caught in spam filter in the past" I received November 20th and nothing changed since then.

Only thing I've noticed is one pin appeared in search. It was from someone who posted it from my website (I can tell from the description). So newly saved pin... and it was gone two days after. It's like the system got it in search and then it was like "nope, we don't like this domain, bye bye..." The pin exists still, but can't be searched. Yesterday I found two pins, again most likely posted that day from my website. We'll see how long that will last. But definetely no reindexing is happening.

I'm glad you've confirmed the promoted pins don't help with organic or reindexing, someone was throwing that theory and I was willing to try... Now I don't have to.

I can see we again think the same, I was thinking about promoting instagram more as I don't really have much followers there. But you know, that isn't really the place I need to send traffic to, so it's not on my priority list.

My Pinterest daily routine: search for few keywords, sometimes post something that was supposed to be posted months ago, see nothing has changed, leave

The "Ideas for you" recommendations I think might be pulling our images, just because they are ours, or maybe like last pins posted, I don't think that's what everyone sees. But I do get bothered by my account showing in search for some keywords, while my pins are gone from there. And the stolen pins showing for my descriptions even when they don't have it there - Pinterest learned from my pins what the picture is about and now can show it for the search, but since mine are not available it shows the stolen ones or the ones that someone uploaded without link.

Not to be all negative, I've noticed one little positive thing, in last few days I see less stolen pins than was usual before. If mine was mixed between them, this wouldn't be a number that would worry me.

And one interesting thing to end this with... I haven't quite figured out what it means and support of course ignored this question. When you try the search url when logged out, you can see all your pins! I thought maybe it is cached from before, but then I saw my new pins there too. Maybe there is like list of domains not to show to users or something...? You can easily see what the search for the keyword should look like if your pins were there...

https://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=sarahrenaeclark

- Alesia Skye: @ScatteredQuotes & @Kontentsia (nothing there yet)
1 Kudo