cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I A/B test optimizing for two different conversion events in a conversion campaign?

jjfryy
Just visiting

I'm running a few ad groups optimizing for ATC but the performance isn't great. What would happen if I duplicated the same ad groups and optimize for a higher checkout CPA? Would that cause any issues with the algorithm knowing which audiences to prioritize?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jjfryy! Shouldn't be a problem or mess with our oCPM algorithm. 🙂 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@jjfryy Hi!

Yeah, you can dublicate your ad groups and also edit your ads.

Maybe @PinterestGabby  can help you more about it.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

👋 @jjfryy, welcome to the community! We recommend as a best practice to not have two ad groups target the same set of Pinners in the same way with the same creative. Let me know if you have any other questions about this and hope to see you around. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
jjfryy
Just visiting

Thanks for the response! So really the only difference in my case is one ad group is optimizing for add to cart events while the other ad group is optimizing for checkout events. So the audience is similar but both have different goals. Is that problematic for the conversion algorithm?

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jjfryy! Shouldn't be a problem or mess with our oCPM algorithm. 🙂 

0 Kudos