cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopify Integration - Pause Feed & Upload New Datasource

seethreestudios

My Shopify store is integrated with Pinterest via the app and my product pins are showing up in my catalog - no problem there. The issue, like others, is that I now have multiple variants as separate products and I don't like the images the Pinterest algorithm chose. Since Pinterest doesn't have a solution for this yet, my question is this: 1) Can I pause my feed (under "manage feed status" - see attachment) and then manually create a new data source that Pinterest can use instead? 2) If so, would I host that file on Shopify under files (see attachment)? I don't have too many products, so this would be manageable for me - just looking for a solution until Pinterest gives users more control over the integration. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @seethreestudios, welcome to the PBC! You may want to read over this thread, and reach out to support. I hope this helps you.

1 Kudo
PinterestDebora

Hi @seethreestudios welcome to PBC! It is expected that if the product on Shopify has variants we will create one pin for each variant and whichever is the main image that is what we will use. If you rather select his own image, I suggest creating a separate product on Shopify for the variants. For example the current setup now is a Pen, with 3 colours (red, black, blue), on Shopify, 1 product you can set variants, what I’m suggesting is making a product specific for the variant they have, so it is 1 product for black pen, 1 product for red pen, and 1 product for blue.

Now to answer your questions, 1)  You can pause the feed or if you don't want it, you can just delete it as we don't suggest having the same product IDs for the separate feeds. Check this article for more info. 2) Can you clarify what you mean by Shopify under files? If you can get a screenshot, it will be super helpful. Thanks! 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos