cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rich Pins Validator not working?

GoKnits
Just visiting
For testing. I put product pages of well known websites including Nike, Etsy and Urban Outfitters in the Rich Pins Validator https://developers.pinterest.com/tools/url-debugger/

Their rich pins work well but Rich Pins Validator fails to capture any fields other than the product titles. 
Anyone get the Rich Pins Validator working?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hmm @GoKnits I'm thinking it was a temporary glitch? 

I just checked all the links above and they all worked. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 12.09.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 12.10.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 12.10.34 PM.png

Let me know if you're still seeing an issue. 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
GoKnits
Just visiting

Rich Pins Validator (3).png

Though they are "qualified Rich Pin Data Type",  Rich Pins Validator fails to capture any fields other than the product titles.  All the links I've tested including Nike, Etsy, Urban Outfitters etc.  give the same results.

1 Kudo
GoKnits
Just visiting

I am so lost. Is it only me who can't get Rich Pins Validator working? No matter what webpage I put in, Rich Pins Validator can't capture any fields other than the product title. I am new to rich pin. Is what I observe normal or a temporary glitch?

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@GoKnits Sorry for the delay. Make sure you tag people so it shows up in their notifications 🙂 

I see what you're saying now. I would contact support. It's not super uncommon for Rich Pins to have issues. I would just do your best with setting them up, send issues to Pinterest support and keep creating content to Pin for your Pinterest audience. 

-Tabby

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestJoan do you know of any commonality in this apparent glitch of the Rich Pins? 

-Tabby

0 Kudos
PinterestJoan
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @GoKnits @simplepinmedia, thanks for reporting this! I've gone ahead and escalated this to our team. We've filed a bug for this issue regarding the Rich Pin Validator not capturing any fields beyond the Product title. We hope to fix this soon! In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Support team here. Hope this helps!

2 Kudos
GoKnits
Just visiting

Thank both of you for your helps!

I also submitted a ticket. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

2 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestJoan  Thank you so much for your response! 

-Tabby

0 Kudos

I am also experiencing this. I had previously validated recipe and product rich pins using the pasted page source on schema.org's validator and ironed out the issues.

Because I didn't want the staging site indexed, it seemed I had to wait until site launch before validating on Pinterest. I was very disappointed to see almost no useful diagnostic information come up when I finally pasted a live recipe URL into Pinterest's validator.

As advised by team members here, I have tried to contact support but am stuck in a loop because the Pinterest Developers portal is not recognising my email validation link, so I can't obtain an App ID, which is a mandatory field. This is not an impressive start. I really hope these are temporary outages.

So I wanted to vent, I'm sorry. I'm really a lovely person 🙂 I would really appreciate any updates on this problem, @PinterestJoan. Thanks.

0 Kudos