cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the new analytics

thehalcyonhive
Posts regularly

With the update to analytics on Jan 21, pins that don't link to any of your claimed accounts are not calculated into your data unless you select "include saved Pins".   I'm confused about what "Other Pins" is counting now under the claimed account filter (see screenshot).  The description when I hover says "Other Pins" are pins published or saved that don't link to any of your claimed accounts.  But I thought this data was removed unless "include saved pins" is selected. 

Can someone help me wrap my head around why "other pins" is still an option under Claimed account?  I want to look at data for ALL my claimed accounts together, but I don't want it to include Other Pins.

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 8.53.30 AM.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
thehalcyonhive
Posts regularly

I suppose if I create and publish pins that link to an affiliate program I am in, that could count as an Other Pin.  So what about the content I save from other sites using the Pinterest or Tailwind browser extensions?  I wouldn't think so but the explanation for "other pins" in the screenshot above is confusing me because Pinterest also says this: (see screenshot)

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 9.53.51 AM.png Thoughts @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice ?

0 Kudos
dunagency
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

Can you please give us some clarity on the questions asked by @thehalcyonhive . I'm having also the same questions and I will need some guidance. I'm still wondering whether or not pinning other ppl contents which are not linked  to my claimed accounts still relevant/worth my time to growth my Pinterest business account. 

Looking forward,

Cheers!

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Posts regularly

Thanks for the bump @dunagency 

I reached out to Pinterest support as well.  Here is their reply:

"Impressions are the number of times a Pin showed up in the Home Feed, search results, and category feeds. So as the source info says that - "Pins created and saved by and activity for Pins created and saved by others from your claimed accounts."

If other users have saved your pins and the impression count is generated from other users' accounts, it will be shown to you under "Other Pins".

The impression count generated from your Pinterest account will be shown under "Your Pins". You may filter the data as per your requirement.

Please check this link for more information."

I wasn't asking about "Source Info", so I replied again.  Here is their second response:

"Other pins are basically the pins that are published or saved by the partner but they are not under their claimed accounts/website. For example, you liked a pin on Pinterest and you saved it in your account so it will go under the other pins section and we also keep a record for such pins. 

We'll also show the Pins from the people and boards that the partner chooses to follow."

.....And now I'm even more confused. Doesn't that contradict the newest updates that state our analytics no longer report pins you've saved from other accounts (unless we select the option to include them)? 

I basically want to select "All Pins" under Claimed account to measure the TOTAL performance of my pins to All my claimed accounts, rather than having to look at each claimed account individually.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dunagency @thehalcyonhive -- Hey both, thanks for flagging and apologies for the delay here! Checking with our internal teams and hope to get a response back soon -- appreciate your patience and thanks again for the tag. 🙂 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@thehalcyonhive   This is why I get headaches every time I hear back from any support team from any company not just Pinterest! lol

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Cinco de Mayo & Mother's Day & Memorial Day / July 4th
0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Posts regularly

Thank you @PinterestGabby - I appreciate you digging into this for us!

@foodiehomechef , I hear ya! Same here.

1 Kudo
pakistanforces

How can I change my Pinterest Account of https://pakistanforces.com to a Business account? One more thing, I want to delete the dual account. 

0 Kudos