cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Video

Just visiting

I created a profile video that meets Pinterest guidelines, it's 1.4mb, mp4, 800x400px and uploaded it to my business page. It plays fine and looks great on desktop but it doesn't show up on mobile. How can I fix it?

1 Kudo
7 Replies
Problem-solver

@caralpalmer Hi there 👋 Glad you made it to the community!

Have you tried updating your mobile app?

For example on my iPhone its there but doesn't play but on my Samsung its and there and plays - might be a glitch.

Lisa 😁

@PinterestGabby 

Please follow me on Pinterest: Real South American LivingThanks! Lisa
0 Kudos
Just visiting

I deleted the video and uploaded a new one and now I can see the video on my iPhone but it won't play, it plays on my MacBook. Other people's videos play on my iPhone though. My apps are all up to date on my phone.

1 Kudo
Problem-solver

@caralpalmer Hi there okay so it is the same for me I will send a note to support with a video showing the problem and see what they can offer for a solution.

Please bookmark this post and I will update the post once I have sent the support request and response.

Trust that's okay for you?

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
Problem-solver

@caralpalmer Hello:

I just submitted a support request and forwarded them the video listed below so they can see what is happening.

iPhone - Profile Video Not Playing

Hope this helps.

Lisa😁

@PinterestGabby 

0 Kudos
Just visiting

I contacted support and they didn’t have a solution.

1 Kudo
Problem-solver

@caralpalmer Hi there sometimes it takes time I received a response telling me to try certain things which I had already done and I have replied to their email explaining that I have done the things suggested and have asked to have it reviewed and possibly fixed for the next update.

That said it doesn't mean they will do it but I have the faith they will review my video and potentially try to find a solution - fixes can often take time and Support really does try to resolve these kinds of issues sometimes we just have to have patience. As long as it is not preventing you from accessing your account or impacting negatively then there is no reason to rush.

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
Just visiting

I’m not in a rush and I do believe that they are working on it. I will continue to experiment with the video also to see if I can fix it myself. I’m sure the issue will be resolved eventually. I can always go back to having my pins as a background if necessary. Thanks for your time. 😊

1 Kudo