cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE help me understand how/why I keep getting disapproved to be a verified merchant 🥺

Highlighted

I have literally tried to comb through every post/article/guideline/everything/anything possible and I have NO idea why I keep receiving disapprovals. Today marked the 3rd disapproval for me.

I previously have tried to reach out to support to inquire about the disapprovals and was told that there is no help/assistance available/offered at this time. I truly wish any kind of guidance was given for legitimate businesses trying to understand the actions they can take to BE approved — or even a more detailed explanation about WHY they aren’t?

I’ve tried to stay optimistic and positive about this as I *seem* to follow every guideline/criteria but I’m really feeling defeated after my 3rd vague disapproval email. Can anyone that HAS been approved give any guidance? I’m desperate and really want to get this right! 😢

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@theurbanflair  Hi there, it is a complicated issue. Unfortunately I also got rejected and never knew why. Just taking my time, maybe I will apply it later. I advice you to spend your time more on creating fresh content rather than it.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Hi @theurbanflair 

I have a feeling this will continue to be a bit difficult for some creators as this is a new and complicated feature. It may take more time to iron out than we would like. This is not uncommon when new features roll out on Pinterest. Maybe have someone you trust comb through your site and comb through Pinterest VMP guidelines and see if they notice anything you should tweak or improve? Sometimes fresh eyes point out things we've never noticed about our own content. 

@PinterestBrad would you agree with that assessment? 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@theurbanflair

I would agree with @simpleinmedia with continuing to work through your site and reviewing the Merchant Guidelines.

It's unfortunate for Merchants that are disapproved from the VMP Program by the Policy team. I realize you'd like to join the program and can't see an explicit action that you need to take in order to get approved. However, the Policy team doesn't share specifics or give direct guidance on what needs updated to comply with the Policy in order to protect Pinner safety. We're constantly working on improving the messaging available around the Policy disapprovals, but unfortunately at this time there isn't anything available to share for specific disapproval reasons with the VMP Program.

Thank you for understanding and I encourage you to apply again in the future!

Brad

If my reply helped you please mark it as the "Accepted Solution". Need help with an account specific VMP question? Reach out to the VMP team today!
0 Kudos