Did you mean: 

Pinterest wants your feedback! 📝

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (2)

photo-1512314889357-e157c22f938d.jpeg

Hello Pinterest Business Community!

Our team is currently hard at work redesigning our Pinterest Help Center—if you’re not familiar with it, the Pinterest Help Center is the place to quickly get answers to your questions, learn how to use Pinterest and troubleshoot issues. In addition to updating brand colors and restructuring articles and topics, the team wants to hear from the people who use it, people like you!

Whether you’re an avid user or you’ve never used the Pinterest Help Center (but have ideas of what you’d like to see), we’d love your thoughts. Below are some questions to help guide your thinking, but please feel free to share any ideas you may have. 

• When do you visit our Help Center? How frequently or infrequently?
  • How could the Pinterest Help Center be better? Are there specific updates to the Help Center that you’d like to see? Are there particular things you’ve seen on other Help Centers that you wish the Pinterest Help Center had?
  • On a scale of 1-10 (1 being easy, 10 being hard) when you go to the Help Center how easy is it to find what you’re looking for? If challenging, is there something you think could make this experience better?

Anything else? We’re all ears! Thank you in advance for your time and for helping to make the Pinterest community better for everyone. ❤️

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

7 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

I just joined but one thing that would be helpful is to be able to see the entire title of a topic with a rollover / hover state, because now its truncated and i have to click through to see the entire topic, which isnt very efficient. Unless I'm missing something?

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Dear Gabby,

When we face issues and we often do such as morbid drop in engagement, we get canned replies from your agents which can lead to frustrations. It can be terribly condescending . There is a need for transparency too. right now, this is not what we see.

Best,

Yaz

5 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

I agree.

Just today, my issue got no proper help and the agent closed the ticket so I had to file another ticket.

3 Kudos
Highlighted

I would like more video tutorials and guidelines as to what Pinterest is looking for. All the information provided is so confusing and there is never anyone to answer your questions directly. I'm trying to learn how to put a shop button on my site and I can't find any concrete information to show me how.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi@PinterestGabby  - I think I didn't get my point across quite right....  I understand the policy, my feedback is suggesting that the policy needs to be changed.

All Strikes should go against the Spammy / Thief Creator, not against an innocent Business Account (blogger) who simply re-pinned a pin.

If Pinterest isn't willing to change their policy and assign strikes to the actual thief (which is much more appropriate), then at least allow for a process where a Strike can be removed when it's an innocent mistake. 

I have one strike against me, but I can't even counter-notice because I'm not the copyright owner. I re-pinned a pin that looked great and I wanted to share it. Turned out to be a stolen pin. So, I got a Strike INSTEAD of the thief getting the Strike. But, I can't submit a rebuttal because I am not the copyright owner of the stolen pin. There should be a process in place for these situations.

I do understand (now) that I should figure out if a pin is stolen or not (that's not always easy) before saving it. It's unfortunate that Pinterest discourages sharing cool ideas by Business Accounts - this really takes away the "spirit" of Pinterest which used to be a place to find and share great information. Business Accounts shouldn't be hampered from sharing because of the possibility of saving a pin could turn out to be stolen and then could get a Strike.

So, my feedback is:  In the situation where a Strike is given for simply saving a pin that turns out to be stolen, a rebuttal process should be in place for this erroneous Strike. It's easy enough to prove that the Business Account simply saved a pin,  NOT "created" the stolen pin.

Thanks,

Tammy

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Posts regularly

When reporting stolen pins, there should be a way to report websites that are redirecting pins to obvious spam sites that have nothing do with the pin. Of course, it should be reviewed by Pinterest. These sites should be immediately blocked after being reviewed because otherwise you will find more and more spam from the same spammy domain. I think this would immediately cut down on the spam problem on Pinterest. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Try this.

When you hover on the topic, look at the bottom of the screen for the full link. I'm using chrome, but most browsers show this info. 

However, you're right. It should be shown, but knowing Pinterest ....Screenshot (567).png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Super helpful, @showercurtainsboutique, thanks for sharing your feedback. Regarding the Shop button, you can take a peek at this article here. Before you get the 'Shop' tab, you'll need to create Product Pins which basically let's people know that your Pins are shoppable and contains all the info they need to know for purchase. Hope that helps and let us know if you have other questions. Feel free to start a new topic in our Support and questions board about shopping so our team can point you to more resources/help troubleshoot. 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby, I've tried reaching out to the help center several times about the accidental spam filter I believe I got caught up in, but haven't been able to get a resolution. I've been told a few different things from it's a known bug that we're trying to work out, to nothing is wrong with your account. I am not showing up in search whatsoever. My ranking pins disappeared overnight and nothing of mine can found on Pinterest at all now. I'm down 95% in Pinterest referrals. I get that there are ebbs and flows, but that is drastic! I don't know who to turn to. Is there another department within the help center I can ask about getting my pins reindexed? Thank you! 🙂

1 Kudo