Pinterest wants your feedback! ๐Ÿ“

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (2)

photo-1512314889357-e157c22f938d.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Hello Pinterest Business Community!

Our team is currently hard at work redesigning our Pinterest Help Centerโ€”if youโ€™re not familiar with it, the Pinterest Help Center is the place to quickly get answers to your questions, learn how to use Pinterest and troubleshoot issues. In addition to updating brand colors and restructuring articles and topics, the team wants to hear from the people who use it, people like you!

Whether youโ€™re an avid user or youโ€™ve never used the Pinterest Help Center (but have ideas of what youโ€™d like to see), weโ€™d love your thoughts. Below are some questions to help guide your thinking, but please feel free to share any ideas you may have. 

• When do you visit our Help Center? How frequently or infrequently?
  • How could the Pinterest Help Center be better? Are there specific updates to the Help Center that youโ€™d like to see? Are there particular things youโ€™ve seen on other Help Centers that you wish the Pinterest Help Center had?
  • On a scale of 1-10 (1 being easy, 10 being hard) when you go to the Help Center how easy is it to find what youโ€™re looking for? If challenging, is there something you think could make this experience better?

Anything else? Weโ€™re all ears! Thank you in advance for your time and for helping to make the Pinterest community better for everyone. โค๏ธ

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
6 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Loves to help

Hey @PinterestGabby 

I think transparency about current issues and fixes the engineering team/product are working on would save both creators and the customer support team lots of time and hassle. If there's a known issue it would be great if there was a place that listed this as well as it's expected fix time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@typicallytopical great feedback, Charlotte!! This is definitely something that's top-of-mind and has been discussed with the team. 

Highlighted
Posts regularly

Yes! Agree with @typicallytopical. More transparency about issues on the platform would be amazing. Having something in the help center where Pinterest can keep us informed is a great idea. 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks Tabby!! ๐Ÿ’•

Highlighted
Just visiting

Suggestions:

1. Support often does not answer the actual question. I had one ticket that took 11 emails because the "second level" support person simply refused to read the question. He gave me multiple and repeated "canned" answers that did not address the actual question. This also occurred with first level support on another issue I had. The response was a "canned" answer and it was fairly unrelated to the actual issue I asked about.

2. Randomly closing tickets without a resolution. Then I have to start a new ticket.

3. DMCA "strikes" - This process needs to be revamped. When a blogger gets a strike because they re-pinned a pin that showed up in their feed that turns out to be stolen. When the rightful owner comes along and finds it, they file a DMCA, the "strike" goes against the blogger who simply re-pinned it INSTEAD of the account that created the stolen pin. I know (now) that ever single link has to be checked first (ridiculous) before re-pinning. The platform is supposed to be a place where interesting finds can be saved, but the risk is too great. BUT - There is no process to dispute a strike if you are not the "copyright owner" of the pin. There should be a process in place where in the above scenario, the strike is removed against the innocent blogger and applied to the spam account who created the stolen pin. ALL STRIKES should go against the account who created the stolen pin. Period.

If I think of any more, I'll add, but those are the top 3 issues I've experienced with Support.

Highlighted
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby 

And the other problem is submitting a ticket!

I followed your link -- spent considerable time collecting the info and inputting into the form. The form only allows for one file upload so I had to combine my screen shots into one form. Hit the submit button and it gave me an error message that it didn't go through and told me to send to the zen desk. So again I spent time reconstructing the problem uploading the screen shots -- and received a robo response telling me to submit a ticket if the suggestions were not helpful -- clear cache, etc. 

So again I submitted through the help form and this time it went through only send me another email telling me clear cache, etc. or email back for human help.  I replied back that I need human help. Yet another email back with the robo suggestions and if I still need help to reply back for human help!!!! 

Nancy
Nancy Worrell designs
Highlighted
Just visiting
  • When do you visit our Help Center? -When we need to do something new on the site. 
  • How frequently or infrequently? -Frequently, but you must have stats on that. The Academy tutorials were less than straight forward.
  • How could the Pinterest Help Center be better? -By providing more detailed knowledge based articles. Most articles are too vague to be useful or don't answer the question we have at all. We are a small studio pottery trying to establish a purchasing presence on Pinterest. 
  • Are there specific updates to the Help Center that youโ€™d like to see? -Detailed instructions on claiming a website, building a catalog, Rich Pins (turned out we couldn't even use this feature with our domain provider AT&T) and examples on how to build a story pin.
  • Are there particular things youโ€™ve seen on other Help Centers that you wish the Pinterest Help Center had? -Table of Contents
  • On a scale of 1-10 (1 being easy, 10 being hard) when you go to the Help Center how easy is it to find what youโ€™re looking for? -10 - I groan every time we try to take the next step to posting product pins. Never know what my query is going to return to me. 
  • If challenging, is there something you think could make this experience better?
    • There should be a checklist of what steps to take if you are a small business wanting to promote your products on Pinterest. 
    • The Creators Webinar went through how to do a story pin so fast that my head spun. It was the only useful thing from the 3 hours of commentary. The statement that "and you can do this all from your phone!" Might be true for a 20 something but not our 50-60 something demographic. Of course if we only make up 1% of your users, answering this survey has been less than helpful I suppose. 

Good Luck!

Lucinda
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback, everyone! I've been sharing all of this with our team for consideration. Your input is much, MUCH appreciated. โค๏ธ 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @troprockin we're sorry to hear you find this experience frustrating.

Pinterest enforces a repeat infringer policy that may result in the termination of users who acquire multiple strikes as a result of copyright complaints. Please note that some copyright owners may or may not want their takedown notices to result in the assignment of a strike. 

If youโ€™ve gotten a notification that one of your Pins has been removed for a copyright complaint, it means the content owner asked us to remove it. Because of this reason, we recommend making sure that Pins are correctly credited and link back to their original source.

If you determine that submitting a counter-notice is appropriate in this situation, please let us know by filing the counter-notice. To learn more about our copyright policy, please review this policy page.