cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinterest Tag Setup using Google Tag Manager (GTM)

thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Does anyone have experience setting up the Pinterest tag and conversion tracking using Google Tag Manager?

I am trying to learn how to do it while setting it up for a client and I've hit a wall.  I was able to successfully set up the base code and sign up event.  Now I'm onto Page Visit, Add to Cart, and Checkouts, but I'm not sure how to pass dynamic variables back to Pinterest this way.  I spent all day researching and testing different things and I'm about to pull my hair out! Lol 

I'd love to connect with someone who has done them this way or if you know of a tech person I could get in touch with.

Thank you!!

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

3 Kudos
2 Replies
stefanodesign
Just visiting

@thehalcyonhive 

Hello,

I am in the exact same situation. I am running ecommerce stores. I need to be able to track Add to Cart, and Checkouts with the basic variable (Value, currency, product name and id, product qty, ect.)

If you have any update on this topic it will be very helpfull. I only found a tutorial by analitics mania. It redirect you to the pinterest doc, but don't show you step by step how to setup the event (ATC, Checkout) in GTM.

If anyone can help us it will be amazing!
Valentin

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@stefanodesign 

Hi Valentin, 

I ended up purchasing the GTM course from Analytics Mania so I can learn it, but I haven't been able to complete it yet.  His courses are very in-depth and I would recommend them if you want to learn Google Analytics  and GTM.  

As soon as I learn more on how to to the ATC and Checkout events, I'll report back here!

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

1 Kudo