cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinterest in several languages

Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi there! and Hello @PinterestGabby  🙂
Due to COVID-19, I'm changing my marketing strategy and I have some questions about languages on Pinterest.
up until now, I was pinning only in English. But now, as a business located in Germany, I want to start marketing more locally, because of the high shipping costs, and I want to start pinning in German. 
I was wondering if I write the pin title in German, will my pins be shown for the local German users of Pinterest more?
Is there an automatic translation for the pin description on Pinterest? I mean, for example, Etsy translates the listing automatically for the user by his language and location settings. Is it the same on Pinterest?
And about the text on the pin design, those it matter for the algorithm if it's in English or German? of course that for my german audience it matters, my question is just for my better understanding of the platform. 
Hope my questions are clear.
Many thanks!

Shir,
NUMBERi-Eco design lamp.

1 Kudo
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NUMBERiART, welcome to the community! Hope you're staying safe and healthy during these times. With Pinterest, everything is based on the language that you set up in your account settings. At this time, there is not automatic translation on Pin titles and descriptions. The Pin will show a German title no matter who views it. Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

@NUMBERiART Hi there you picked a really great community to come to😁

Please Visit My Pinterest Page & Follow https://www.pinterest.com/realsouthamerica0427 Thanks, Lisa❤️
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Thank you for the answer, I think it helping me 🙂
So, if I'm writing in English it will stay in English and if I writing in German it will stay in German.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Correct, @NUMBERiART. 🙂 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
1 Kudo