cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinterest account with over 100K followers vanished without any proper explanation!

digitaliworld
Just visiting

Hi, @Christinekysley did you get any satisfactory human response so far?

0 Kudos
thismomwonders
Just visiting

@digitaliworldthey said I'm a spammer. My Pintererst account for that website is all gone. I wrote on this community and no one responded even after tagging @PinterestGabby . Is your website still blocked?

1 Kudo
itscaradaily
Just visiting

@digitaliworld @thismomwonders I believe once they determine that the website is spam there's nothing you do.

Even if you've used Pinterest's paid advertising services by promoting pins.

Meanwhile expect the pins you had ranking in search results to be taken over by random URLs that direct to real spam websites with irrelevant content or websites that have duplicated your content.

I suggest you try that for yourself for the popular posts you had. You'll be shocked to see all your images are still there with another site as the destination. These will also show up in Google organic search too, so don't worry Pinterest is still gaining traffic from your work. If you monitor them you'll see they're still getting hundreds of repins each day as well.

Oh, and if you mention these pins and provide proof don't expect them to be removed.

Who knows what is really going on?

I've been told by a Pinterest Ad Manager that websites are analyzed by a third-party tool which determines whether your website is high-risk or authentic. If this tool determines it is, they will block your website as it may 'potentially hurt users and result in a negative experience'.

So basically I think it's a coin toss. Someone reviews your website and depending on their mood they either decide to unblock it or not. Your work is in the hands of some random person Pinterest decides to hire.

I recommend businesses just use other social networks, I'm done.

1 Kudo
digitaliworld
Just visiting

@thismomwonders Nope. Pinterest is ignoring us. 

0 Kudos
PinterestJanice
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @digitaliworld , thanks for coming to the community to seek a resolution to your issue. I understand your account was blocked and we do our best to help community members troubleshoot issues they're experiencing. I reached out to the internal team who handles these issues and, unfortunately, I was informed the decision is final due to policy violations. I know this isn’t the outcome anyone hoped for.

I will be closing this topic as there is no further assistance the Business community can provide (the only further Pinterest assistance is the appeal process you previously described).

0 Kudos