cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinterest account with over 100K followers vanished without any proper explanation!

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (2)

We are unable to pin anything from our sister website: https://www.visualistan.com. Plus our whole account and Pins have been removed https://www.pinterest.com/visualistan/. We share educational content on different topics from different contributors. It seems like our whole site is barred from pinning any image.

As an example we tried posting an image from this post: https://www.visualistan.com/2020/05/tiktok-statistics-2020-infographic.html but we are unable to pin the image and getting this error: "Sorry! We blocked this link because it may lead to spam."

BTW, we never use bit.ly links for Pinterest pins. We don't spam, we don't post unwanted promotional, fraudulent or deceptive links. We've never take part in posting unsolicited commercial messages in comments/descriptions, or trying to artificially boost views/Pins/comments or other metrics. And we are still not sure why Pinterest marked us as spam. We contacted support team (4 - 5 times) but they are unable to provide any detailed / satisfactory reason. Which implies that Pinterest team has done it by mistake. That's why they are unable to provide any proof!

In the past Pinterest team accidentally removed a good amount of our followers from our account: https://www.pinterest.com/visualistan/ and after contacting, Pinterest representative told us it was a mistake. Now we think it's again a misunderstanding that Pinterest has marked our site as spam and block the pinning from whole site, in case there's a problem on any specific page then we'd appreciate if someone could help us figure out that and we will remove those page(s) ASAP.

Please someone guide us what is the real reason behind this issue (Pinterest keep providing generic answers like "account suspended because of spammy activity" instead a solid example like which exact pin and which board is the actual reason of such penalty). And how we can prevent it to avoid any mishaps in the future. Please review our site https://www.visualistan.com/ and account https://www.pinterest.com/visualistan/.

We'd appreciate more transparency from Pinterest end in case if someone had reported any of our pages or pins then please share those details (e.g how many users from which countries reported the pins or page) with us as well so that we could verify that if our competitors or any other bad actors (with malicious intentions) are trying to hurt our business.

We believe we've the right to know detailed info that what specifically caused the block/ban. Because we've some other Pinterest business accounts and we've almost same strategy, and we don't want this problem to ever happen again.

We also want to remove and block those types of content but we need help in this regard. Plus, is there a way we could suggest a soft policy change in Pinterest blocked sites section? It'd be better if Pinterest just block a specific page or link that causing disturbance instead of blocking whole website, just like most other social networks.

Best

2 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

I can feel you. The same happened to my website. They blocked it "for spam" and within 2 weeks I only got generic replies from their bots. Finally they acknowledged that it was done by mistake. Ower these 2 weeks I lost 6K followers and all my SEO ranks. yesterday they again blocked me. the funny thing that recently I was very buisy with other projects therefore I was not really active on Pinterest, maybe posting (manually) 1-2 fresh pins per week. what kind of spam is that?

I too believe that Pinterest needs a better Customer support with more human approach, rather than bot-like generic, canned answers that do not help to solve the issue.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Yes! Same happened to us, no matter which channel we try to contact support, instead of understanding our issue, Pinterest just reply with some template-based vague messages that sounds a lot like bots which is totally inhuman and unprofessional.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @digitaliworld, we just responded to your private message with next steps. 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi, I really appreciate you are replied to our question.

FYI, we've already contacted support 4 - 5 time, and did 1 more time just now on your recommendation.

But from our previous experience Pinterest team in keep on responding with a same template-based message instead of providing any satisfactory answer. 

Can you please forward our case to any human reviewer/moderator to help us understand the real reason behind the ban?

Best Regards

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi,

Did you get some response? My friends account with 1.8 million followers was blocked and he tried to contact Pinterest multiple times but he always got the same robotic reply. Please let me know if you got any response from a real person. Thank you. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi,

Sadly, no human contacted us so far even after several requests. Ridiculously, right after a fresh support request, instead of solving the problem or informing us that they've read our request, Pinterest sent us a feedback form/email asking us how good their service is, which proves how broken their bots and systems are 😠😡. We reached out to Pinterest team from all the possible channels including this new Business Community and found all of them crappy.

Pinterest is becoming worse when it comes to customer service and experience. My understanding is the folks at Pinterest customer service department are living at some other planet with no human connection at all, probably they all are bots.

Best 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hello @digitaliworld  did you get your website unblocked? One of my business accounts was blocked on January 24th, 2020. Since then, I have tried everything I know to know avail. I hope I can get help from this Business community.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Unfortunately, No. Pinterest keeps on disappointing us. I don't think so this community can help us on that.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi, @thismomwonders what's the status of your website ban?

0 Kudos