cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin impressions tanked and Support is giving generic replies.

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (3)

With a heavy heart, I am writing this. I am on Pinterest for a couple of weeks only but I started seeing some growth on my blog. I was happy to create new pins everyday, write new blog posts every single day.

Then one day my impressions tanked to single digits. I have contacted Pinterest support every single day since 24th May but I am extremely disappointed to say that all I am getting are generic replies.

I have been told that this was normal. A sudden drop from 2k impressions per pin to 3 impressions per pin was normal? it certainly isn’t. They have even admitted that they have flagged my profile as low quality or spam by MISTAKE. But it’s been 3 weeks, I am not seeing any growth.

I am extremely tired of writing emails to pinterest and not hearing back from them. Upon contacting a few bloggers, they told me that there is certainly a fix - they need to reindex the pins after which everything will come back to normal.

I have literally been begging pinterest to do so but I am getting nothing. FOR NO FAULT OF MINE.

I am not a spammer. My website is a high quality website. I only upload fresh pins. My heart aches because my business tanked completely and I had recently left my job.

I am absolutely helpless and exhausted. If anyone can help me suggesting anything I’d highly appreciate. I am even ready to let go of this account and create a new one but I think they blocked my domain.

Also, if I change my website’s domain name, and create a brand new pinterest account claiming the new domain, will it help? I’m desperate for help. @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice

4 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hear you @notperfecteither and I can feel the worry this has caused you. @PinterestGabby  and I are here to listen and help where we can. We don't make or influence the decisions of our support teams. Please understand Gabby and I are unable to reverse decisions or make changes to your account. However, we are able to double-check for you that the right teams have reviewed your support ticket. I just want to make sure expectations are clear. I hope this is resolved soon for you, please keep us updated.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestJanice, Thank you for listening. I wantTo let you know that I have not been flagged as Spam neither my account was suspended or blocked. I am noticing a major drop in my pin impressions. One of the members of Pinterest support told me that they flagged my domain as low quality by Mistake and that they have remove my account from the list of flagged accounts. Also told me that I will start noticing my impression is going back to normal within seven days. It’s been three weeks but I am see no change. Pinterest community is not telling me what is the reason behind this nor  is giving me a solution to the problem. At this point, they don’t even bother replying. 

here is the ticket id: 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby can you please look into this and help me? I’m in dire need of help.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @notperfecteither, thanks for sharing that ticket link. I did a quick check and can see you're working with our support team to find a resolution. Like @PinterestJanice stated, we're here to listen and help where we can, but we are unable to make any changes directly to your Pinterest account. Any questions or technical troubleshooting that are account-specific will need to go to our support team, as they have the tools and resources to diagnose these types of issues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby it’s been over a month since they told me that the engineering team is looking into the problem. Leave alone giving me the solution, they are not even telling me what the problem is. That too when so many bloggers are facing the same issue. It hurts to know this when you are a genuine content creator, who is putting efforts to pin original pins and who is following all the guidelines. I have lost 90 percent of my traffic in the last month. I don’t know where else to seek help from? Can you look into it and let me know what is it that is taking so much time (28+ days) that they couldn’t even identify the problem. I’d be grateful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Same here! After 2 years of growing and getting 200 visitors a day back to my website from Pinterest, in the last 2 months it tanked to barely getting 30 visitors a day back to my website. I don't believe this has anything to do with us, I think they are changing trends and who to follow and those accounts are showing up not ours! I don't think it will go back to normal, I am now focusing on other Social Media!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby Nd @PinterestJanice, I saw that you retagged me on your post. I know that you cannot take actions, it’s in the hands of the support team but what if Support Fellow doesn’t reply at all? Even after reminding them everyday, they do not bother to revert on a single email. For the pst 1 MONTH. 30 Days now! At least, you can check and confirm where they are stuck? They just don’t reply at all. You can check my support ticket. It’s like I am talking to a wall. They don’t bother replying. It’s not just me but hundreds of other bloggers. Aren’t they at least answerable? I’m so tired. Please let me know what should I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

It just sucks. They are not even bothering to reply, to even acknowledge the problem. And this by the way is when we did nothing wrong! I’m so pissed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear this is still an outstanding issue. A 30 day response time is NOT in our policies. We can definitely check on the ticket for you. Give us until tomorrow when everyone is back in the office. 

0 Kudos