Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin Impressions Dropped to Single Digits In May

TheProductiveYou
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hi! I'm Alex.

Before May I had over 200k monthly viewers and was averaging about 1k to 2k impressions per pin.

Then, around May 1st, my impressions per pin suddenly dropped to single digits. We're talking like 5 impressions per pin.

In other communities (and even in this one) other people seem to have had major drops in impressions as well around the same time.

What's going on? Was there an update that changed something? Why have my impressions per pin suddenly dropped to single digits for seemingly no reason and at random?

Can the Pinterest employees shed any light on the situation? Thanks!

@PinterestJanice @PinterestGabby @PinterestRyan 

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya, Alex! Welcome to the community. 🙂 

I shared an update on this thread [looks like you commented on it, too!] and will either share updates there or start a new post to keep everyone looped in. LMK if you have any questions! 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
5 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya, Alex! Welcome to the community. 🙂 

I shared an update on this thread [looks like you commented on it, too!] and will either share updates there or start a new post to keep everyone looped in. LMK if you have any questions! 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hey @TheProductiveYou I've been getting the same thing since around April 30th! I was used to seeing around 5-15k impressions per pin, good saves, good click throughs and now every pin I push out sees around 2-5 impressions, same as you. Dropped from 3.5 Million Monthly Viewers to 2.1 Million in 2 weeks. Really hoping for that fix soon!

1 Kudo
TheProductiveYou
Just visiting

That's absolutely nuts! What niche are you in?

0 Kudos
typicallytopical
Loves to help

@TheProductiveYou Lifestyle - so not really a niche per se! We were doing really well before this hit. Have your pin stat impressions gone back to normal? I know Gabby said she was going to post an update, but don't know if the engineering team have managed to push a fix yet. 

0 Kudos
nuebrands

Same thing. Few impressions per pin and it's not growing over time. What id going on? Is it Pinterest trying to force us use paid ads? I tried to contact their support but got radio silence.

0 Kudos