cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin ID that ends nic_v1

Highlighted
Just visiting

For every pin I upload to one of the accounts I manage, the pin ends with the usual set of numbers for the pin ID, but then adds /?nic_v1 and a long string of letters and numbers. The resulting pin ID will look something like this:

pinterest.com/pin/1234567890/?nic_v1=1ar%2BKezEvGsY%2FYUWX1ba07Ak6CKXdHKUTlo4pWYtCLYeG%2BzF4Bxs0aEXSKnbxtIJO%2B

Is that normal? It doesn't happen with any of the other accounts I manage. 

Any insights gratefully received! Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @theprogressapp! Welcome to the community, and thanks for reporting this. We've escalated this to our team to review, as it looks like it might be a bug! Really quick so we have the correct info to share with the team, how were you creating the Pin? We aren't able to find the one you linked in your post here. Look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby! Thanks for your response!

Ah yes, sorry, that was a made up example, but here's a real pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/66076319522056910/?nic_v1=1aI7Ogb84MELzK16Cq%2FaejBtX%2FewZj7KSWnbBB8j...

I create the pin either by using the Chrome extension to pin direct from the website, or by uploading the image direct to Pinterest using the Create Pin feature. It adds that long string to the Pin ID no matter which method I use.

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theprogressapp perfect! Thanks for sharing that link and the steps you took to encounter the issue. Let me check with our team and I'll follow-up with you hopefully by Monday, at the latest. Hope you're having a nice weekend so far. 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @theprogressapp, wanted to follow-up here. Can you submit a ticket? There needs to be some more troubleshooting and our support team will be able to help diagnose the issue. Filling out this form will route directly to the team who can help deep dive and work with engineering to resolve the issue. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions! 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Sure, I've submitted a ticket as suggested. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Perfect, thanks, @theprogressapp. Keep us posted on what you hear from our team! 🤞

0 Kudos