cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Content with Old Links

dopemystic
Just visiting
Labels (3)

I recently rebranded my small biz and moved my domain over to a freshly created website. This broke just about all of the links I have on Pinterest directing traffic to my site. I attempted to fix a few of my pins by correcting the link addresses, only to receive weird ad rejections for them (they had been promoted in the past but these promotions were no longer active when I changed the links), and the ad rejections were sort of scary, stating unethical business practices and poor link destination- I've never had an ad rejection, and these ads had already been approved, I was just trying to link to the correct destination.

I know that deleting entire boards can drop your following, and my following is already small. I'm just nervous now about changing the links of my pins and seeing numbers drop or getting more scary notifications from Pinterest, lol! This is troubling for me because now almost all of my content links to the wrong locations. Any suggestions on how to clean up things, or should I just start all over with my pins driving traffic to my site?

Be magick ♡
1 Kudo
5 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@dopemystic Hi there - I think you should review your pins that did well delete | modify and add with new links and move forward with all new pins linking to your new site - I wouldn't delete boards et al. and I would definitely pin new pins and updated pins to those boards, if possible also create a board or two using the Trends Option to see what's trending. I hope this helps and saves you some work. - Lisa😁

Tagging a Community Manager @PinterestGabby she is awesome - she might know another way that wouldn't require you deleting anything.

P.S. I followed you - love your boards

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
2 Kudos
dopemystic
Just visiting

@therealsouthamerica Thank you so much (for the follow and for the great advice)! I hadn't even thought of making boards with the trends option, that's an awesome suggestion! 

P.S. I followed you, too! Happy to be connected with you! 💖

Be magick ♡
2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@dopemystic Hi there glad I can offer some help, I use the trends option even if I am just pinning or need a little 'Pinspo' - I also use Trends sometime for topics for my blog because there are things that I haven't even thought of and I can use to connect with my writing.

P.S. I am glad we connected I can tell you are a very cool person. Glad you made it to the community.

Lisa😁

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

The trends option is a great suggestion, @realsouthamerica@dopemystic more info on the Trends tool here. Regarding the ad rejection notices, you can definitely file any appeals with our support team here and they'll be able to look into it. 👍

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo
dopemystic
Just visiting

@therealsouthamerica I'm super excited to be here, and very glad we connected as well! @PinterestGabby thank you for that info, and for that link! It's pretty amazing to not have to be in the dark regarding what Pinners are searching for, and definitely nice to be able to grab a few ideas to work with! Thank you both for all your help and suggestions! 🙂

Be magick ♡
2 Kudos