cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the Business part of Pinterest

tassa54321

New to the business portion of Pinterest. I have a number of followers. However, I do not understand how do the pins make the funds that others do? Not even sure what or if I am doing anything correctly. I have tried to read on the subject but I have a hard time understanding how to get started, Thanks for any assistance.

2 Kudos
11 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@tassa54321 Hi there 👋🏻 Welcome!

I read your post - I was wondering if you could be more specific about the things you would like to know.

Lisa😁

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
0 Kudos
johnhaldane
Just visiting

I am also new to business. I cannot get the pins from my personal board to move to the business board. I have over 1200 pins that I would like to move to the business board so I can promote them better.

Thank you.

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

Hey there @tassa54321 ! 

I know it can be super confusing in the beginning! If you haven't already I would switch your account to a business account. Then you can start creating pins with your business address attached and pin them to relevant boards. We have a very helpful mini email series that helps the very beginners get started - step by step if you think that would be helpful. simplepinmedia.com/start

Hope that helps! 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

@johnhaldane The best way to do this is to turn your personal account into a business account and then you can clean up the business account to be solely focused on your brand and relevant topics. >>https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/get-a-business-account#section-15096

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
0 Kudos
johnhaldane
Just visiting

Thanks, Tabby. That didn't work for me. There was no option to convert, only to disable or delete. There is no convert option anywhere, even if I search on it.

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@johnhaldane Hi there 👋 Welcome to the community.

Below is a link on moving pins from one account to another this is what Pinterest Support has forwarded to me.

https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/merge-accounts

It can be done - make sure you have a board or boards set up on your Business Account where you can save them once you send them.

I really hope this helps you.

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
johnhaldane
Just visiting

Thank you for your help. I think I managed 887 of the 1209 pins. I kept getting the error "oops, something went wrong" but when I check, at least some of the pins had moved. I'll keep trying.

I guess the business account does not carry over my followers and those I follow. Both show 0.

I did follow you and then it changed to 1. 🙂

1 Kudo
johnhaldane
Just visiting

My board is: https://www.pinterest.com/haldane0847. Do you see pins there? I am going to try to get the last folder over but it seems to not want to go.. Then I also have to figure of which individual pins did not transfer. This has been really difficult - probably because I am 69 years old my my tech savvy went out when I retired a long time ago...

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@johnhaldane

Nicely Done! It's not an easy transaction but it works.

Unfortunately, no you can't move over followers & following (fingers crossed that at some point down the Pinterest Path that will change).

I am really glad that worked for you. I hope you will join the Business Community Regularly its a great place to network, help out other pinners and learn a lot about Pinterest.

Thanks for the follow .... followed you back.🙂

Lisa😁

1 Kudo