cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Etsy / Pinterest

ArtFullyPrintable
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Hi!  I just launched an Etsy shop and would like to focus my marketing on Pinterest.  Is it good to pin from my Etsy shop to show my listing or does Pinterest SEO prefer if I create a new pin instead?  Thank you!

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hello! Here are some advices from me:

Pinterest, like many social media networks, is a community.

When a seller markets in that community, it is important not to simply promote products but rather to genuinely contribute. Follow others and repin what they post too. Don’t forget that Pinterest is a visual search engine. Its users communicate with pictures, so you will need to make certain that you have good product photography for your Etsy items.

On Pinterest, you can create group boards that allow you and those you invite to pin. These boards can become popular and are an excellent way to increase awareness. 

Plan to pin several images daily, six or seven days per week. Also try to pin at different times of the day.  Try more than just product photos on a white background, which is a best practice on Etsy, for your Pinterest pins. Try lifestyle images, close ups, or even photo filters to make your product visually interesting.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
4 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello and welcome to the community!! There's some great threads about this already in the community here and here. Tagging in @AmericanoCrystals and @foodiehomechef, as they may have some ideas/suggestions. 🙂 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hello! Here are some advices from me:

Pinterest, like many social media networks, is a community.

When a seller markets in that community, it is important not to simply promote products but rather to genuinely contribute. Follow others and repin what they post too. Don’t forget that Pinterest is a visual search engine. Its users communicate with pictures, so you will need to make certain that you have good product photography for your Etsy items.

On Pinterest, you can create group boards that allow you and those you invite to pin. These boards can become popular and are an excellent way to increase awareness. 

Plan to pin several images daily, six or seven days per week. Also try to pin at different times of the day.  Try more than just product photos on a white background, which is a best practice on Etsy, for your Pinterest pins. Try lifestyle images, close ups, or even photo filters to make your product visually interesting.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@ArtFullyPrintable  I think the two links to previous posts regarding this subject that Gabby pointed you to... as well as what Sophia added in her post just about covers it all!

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Father's Day & Memorial Day / July 4th & BBQ / Grilling
1 Kudo
ArtFullyPrintable
Just visiting

Very helpful!  Thank you!!!

2 Kudos