cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My profile page is automatically redirecting to Shop.

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (2)

My profile page doesn't have the Pins and Boards tabs anymore, and it is automatically redirecting to the Shop tab. While I do have an online shop, my primary focus (on Pinterest) is my blog. I want people to see my boards or my Pins, not ONLY a handful of my product images. I have reached out to support but nothing from them yet, and it's been a couple of days. This is not ideal for my business, and a resolution would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

It's back to showing my Pins after I turned off my product feed. I don't think this is how it should be. Users should be able to control what others see, whether I want people to see my Pins or boards or products. Having my profile page automatically redirected to my product feed is honestly, a nuisance. And now that I have turned off my product feed, people won't see my shop page at all. It's like I have no control over what people see. So useless.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Loves to help

@thesideblogger Hi, it happened to my profile as well.

I think it is the new update. My story pin impressions are going down as well. @realsouthamerica @foodiehomechef  Is it also happened to you guys?

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@AmericanoCrystals   Hey Sophia, no it's not happening to me... but then again... I don't have a "Shop".

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Get ready for the holidays: Halloween Spooktacular & Fall / Thanksgiving & Christmas
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@AmericanoCrystals Hi there - I am with @foodiehomechef its not happening to me but I don't have a shop either.  Lisa😁

Please Visit My Pinterest Page & Follow https://www.pinterest.com/realsouthamerica0427 Thanks, Lisa❤️
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

So this is how my new profile looks like. All this time I was using Pinterest and now I find it difficult to adopt this one.  @realsouthamerica @foodiehomechef 

Capture.PNG

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Yeah, it's really annoying. I had to turn off my product feed and delete the feed link altogether. Only then the profile page defaulted to the "Created" tab. I think they're doing it for people to be able to sell more, but the problem is that not everyone's business model is the same. It'd have been better if we could choose which tab we want as our profile, instead of having this forced upon us. This isn't user-friendly at all.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Problem-solver

I think this problem is one for the managers... so tagging @PinterestGabby & @PinterestJanice. It seems to me that there should be a way to pick which "landing page" you want it to default for your account.

Get ready for the holidays: Halloween Spooktacular & Fall / Thanksgiving & Christmas
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem-solver

I can see why Sophia! I think an option for picking your landing page is important.

1 Kudo