Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My followers dropped on pinterest

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver
Labels (1)

Hi there,
For the last couple of days I have had some problems on Pinterest. First they suddenly blocked my profile for no reason. My profile reactivated in 24 hours after I write an e-mail to them.

But when I get back my profile 7k followers of mine were gone. This is a huge lost for me, and I again wrote an e-mail to support team. Still waiting for their explanation.

Did anyone has this experience before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AmericanoCrystals, sorry to hear that you've been running into issues with your account. Since your account was just reactivated recently, it may take a few days for your follower count to update and revert back to normal. Please give it some time and your followers should appear again. 

If you're still running into issues with this and not seeing your follower count back to normal, please sent me a PM and our team can look into it. 🤞

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
7 Replies
schowachert
Just visiting

Sometimes Pinterest cleans up and removes "fake" or Spammy accounts - that maybe what happened. The number of followers really does not matter that much anyways - it is more about the traffic you get than the # of followers - has that change too?

1 Kudo
sjdesignscc
Just visiting

That has happened to me on numerous occasions. Last year I had close to 5500 followers and dropped to 4500. As @schowachert stated, I believe Pinterest removes Spam accounts. 

If all of your 7k followers are completely wiped out, I would hope someone from Pinterest can help. 

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@sjdesignscc  yes, it is great that they are cleaning spammy accounts but not all of my followers that deleted were spammers, I emailed them they said they will fix it in a week. Hope it will be fixed before my profile insights drop due to this changes.

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@schowachert I am sure my profile will be even better after spammy accounts are cleaned. But I am also sure not all of my deleted 7 k. followers were spammers. Some of them were my regular custumers and some were people that we often collaborate with. Now my monthly viewers are getting down day by day, I hope they will fix it as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AmericanoCrystals, sorry to hear that you've been running into issues with your account. Since your account was just reactivated recently, it may take a few days for your follower count to update and revert back to normal. Please give it some time and your followers should appear again. 

If you're still running into issues with this and not seeing your follower count back to normal, please sent me a PM and our team can look into it. 🤞

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hello, @PinterestGabby Thank you, I will drop you a message.

0 Kudos
bryanperson

I've been seeing something similar. 

0 Kudos