cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account was suspended just now - HELP!

foodiehomechef
Problem-solver

@PinterestGabby  @PinterestJanice   Just a few minutes ago... suddenly my computer "blinked" & I got a message saying my Pinterest Account had been suspended & I was sent an email (see below). I clicked on the link & it said my "Appeal" was received. Now I know how everyone else feels! 

I wasn't doing anything wrong or suspicious and for the life of me I don't understand how this could happen. I'm always so careful to "play by the rules". Is there anything you can do Gabby or Janice to push this along & get my account back up & running?

Hi Foodie Home Chef,

We wanted to let you know we suspended your Pinterest account because of some activity we believe goes against our spam policies.

On Pinterest, spam includes saving lots of unwanted or repetitive stuff, trying to game our systems, or posting fraudulent, deceptive or unsolicited commercial messages. We block spam like this because it creates a bad experience for other people on Pinterest.

If you think we made a mistake, please click this link, and we will review your account within 48 hours.

Please note that the link above will expire after 7 days.

The Pinterest Team
Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: St. Patrick's Day & Easter & Earth Day
0 Kudos
11 Replies
snappygourmet
Just visiting

Oh no, I'm so sorry. 😞 I have heard so many stories like this over and over again from legit people getting their accounts suspended.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@foodiehomechef, Simone! Ack, so sorry that happened to you! I actually just checked your account and it appears to be working properly again? Hopefully I'm not missing something! 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

1 Kudo
mabirizisandra

Hello @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice

My username is NANTUMBZ. My account was suspended on the 14th of February 2021. I tried applying for multiple tickets for this problem but the issue was not resolved. The replies were quoting spam. I later on realised my website was also blocked from Pinterest. After several tries, I decided to use a different Pinterest account but it was also suspended on the 22nd of February 2021 as i was trying to link my website. The website in question is www.nantumbz.com. My domain name is nantumbz, I also create my own content based on my experiences. I have read your community guidelines and spam policies and notice that i have not violated them in any way. There is no use creating another account for it will also be blocked because i cannot change my domain name. Can i get someone to look into this issue 

Thanks

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Problem-solver

Thanks for commiserating @snappygourmet ... I was so thankful to wake up just now & see my account is back up again. Phew! I'm soooo relieved!

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Problem-solver

@PinterestGabby   Thanks so much for coming to my aid Gabby, I really appreciate it. I woke up just now to find my account is back & running smoothly... thank God!

I wish I knew what caused this in the first place, so I could avoid doing it again. Hopefully this won't happen again, it's a very distressing feeling, as you can imagine!

4 Kudos
snappygourmet
Just visiting

@foodiehomechef  Just a random thought. Is it possible you've been creating or pinning a lot of story pins or video pins lately? I can't even tell you how many comments and messages I have been getting lately from upset people who can either not find where to click for the link (on video pins) or extremely upset they can not click on the pin (story pins) to go somewhere for more info. And then threatening to report me or the pins for spam. It's a daily battle. 

0 Kudos
lisamarcaurele

@PinterestGabby This just happened to me on 2/22 as well and I got the same email. I clicked on the link in the email I got but have not received any meaningful reply on why my account was marked as spam. Can someone check on this for me? I've been a content creator for over ten years and always add original content. My handle is @lowcarbyum

0 Kudos
lisamarcaurele

@PinterestGabby This just happened to me on 2/22 as well and I got the same email. I clicked on the link in the email I got but have not received any meaningful reply on why my account was marked as spam. Can someone check on this for me? I've been a content creator for over ten years and always add original content. My handle is @lowcarbyum and am unable to access that account. I had to log in with my personal account to sign into this forum.

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Problem-solver

@snappygourmet   Actually none of those apply to me as I don't have the ability/tools to make videos and I haven't made any story pins for the just the reason you stated... no ability to link.

I've heard lots of other people complain about the very same thing... that folks are writing & complaining to them about the non-linking to get more info. I feel for you to have to battle on!

1 Kudo