Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Most of my impressions disappeared

BlackGirlRising
Just visiting

Hello, I'd like some help on this. I had about 31K impressions on my account, however, as recommended by Pinterest, yesterday I claimed my website. Immediately after doing so the majority of my impressions disappeared, leaving zeroes instead.  Does anyone know why that happened and if it can be corrected? (I promoted a few pins today so those now have impressions, but the others that lost their impressions still remain the same. Some had 5.5K, others 2K, etc.)

Also, although I'm getting a lot of impressions, the numbers for pins and shares are low. (I re-started the account recently--several weeks ago, after not having used it for several years.) I think my content is pretty good, so I'd like to know if it's typical to have low pins/shares at the beginning when establishing an account, or if a lack of pins or shares is a reflection of inadequate content.

Most importantly, I'd like to know how to regain my impressions. The situation is both disheartening and frustrating.

Any assistance on this will be greatly appreciated. My account:@blackgirlrising.  Thanks very much for your help.

Max Smith

1 Kudo
4 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi there Max 

Glad you made it to the PBC!

I read your post and I completely understand the frustration your feeling.

I have created some links below to some articles written by other Pinterest Pioneers here in the PBC that might help give you more information about Pinterest and how | what to expect since returning to Pinterest 👇🏻

TIP: What Should You Pay for Consideration Campaign Pinterest Ads? 

Should you claim your website on Pinterest?      Feeling discouraged, trying to gain new followers? This is for you! 

I Want To Grow My Pinterest Business Account - How Do I Do This? 

Creator Tips and Tricks 

Pinterest Marketing Expert Actionable Tips for Using Pinterest Trends Tool in 2022 

Choosing the BEST keywords   Designing Pins: Text Overlays Do's & Don'ts 

My Top 3 Tips for Using the PBC   Creative - What is Your Goal? 

As for gaining | regaining impressions that is going to depend on how consistently you pin, the content your pining and the kinds of pins your creating.

1. Pin consistently! Do not pin constantly to the point where Pinterest might think you are spam.
2. Create content that Pinners want to see - Useful | Fun | Video
3. In addition to Static Pins consider Idea Pins
    This link will breakdown the following Creator information:

• Get started
  • Create content
  • Follow best practices
  • Grow your audience
  • Review your performance
  • Monetize your content

I know that when you aren't seeing the numbers you want to see it can be disheartening but I really do suggest to give it time and you will see your numbers come back up - I have been right where you are many times so I really do understand.

I hope this has helped you - Lisa

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for the mention, Lisa @bodymindmood !

@BlackGirlRising  I would add to check out the Pioneer Meet and Greet, the replay will be posted soon! You'll hear some more tips and tricks!

1 Kudo
graysonartist
Just visiting

Hi there! 

Exactly the same thing has just happened to me!

About an hour ago, the average number of impressions I had on my artwork images were around 50 each. I am a returning user to Pinterest after a rather long lull so, when I was prompted to Claim My Website, that is what I did!

However, on returning to my pins/board, everything I'd posted showed up as '0'!!!

Where have my impressions gone, eh????

This is a total mystery, not to mention a disaster!!!

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. 🤔

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@graysonartist 

Hi there welcome to the PBC!

I read your post and I completely get your frustration.

Impressions et al. have been up and down lately so take comfort in knowing your not alone.

What I can tell you is that sometimes this happens, it has happened to me and other Pinterest | PBC members but the numbers will come back and you can trust that it is nothing you did.

In my time on Pinterest I have had this happen to me a number of times and it is not unusual to see the numbers change - for some people the numbers come back quickly but for others including myself they can take a little while longer.

My advice would be to just wait a little while longer and see if your numbers come back of course if they don’t then contacting Pinterest Support is always an option.

I hope this helps you feel a little bit better.

Lisa

1 Kudo